Carp and boilies

Hey up

First off I am a beginner fisherman I've only been 4 times but I am loving it ive been 4 times twice at Aston and each time there I've had 3 decent size caro out I've been once on bacon lane and only had a roach out those 3 times were on pole. Then on Sunday went to tinsley Marina and had a go with leger rod with feeder and only had a good size bream out bloke I was fishing with had 10 though. But I'm thinking of having a go with the boilies on tinsley this week and see if I can change my luck. So basically wondering if you guys think that will work for bagging me some carp and where's a good place to buy em and how much they cost? As I say I'm a novice lol

I'd always favour luncheon meat over boilies on the canal, unless you're prepared to go to the expense of pre-baiting for a few days to give them the taste.

Generally Boilies are only good on commercial fisheries where they are given them on a regular basis. One the canal your better with luncheon meat or peperami but I always favour using corn.

Roving the bank and using dog biscuit is a good tactic at this time of year. If you like floater fishing.