Has midwife got my dates wrong?? Women please help!!

Edited by amyyrosee

They give you two weeks either way, the average pregnancy is 40 weeks x

My last M/C was 20th May & I had an early scan on Tuesday & was told I was 5weeks & 5 days so that makes me 6 weeks today. Sounds pretty same as you. Pregnancy is dated from two weeks after your last M/C

I have worked it out to be the 27th I asked her twice how the 1st works out as my April period was on the 23rd so I'd be 10 weeks and a couple of days preg! I agree with you :)

Did she ask about your cycle length because if you have longer cycles the pregnancy is dated slightly differently.

Yeah I told her I have always had a period since having my implant out a year and half ago because I also have psos but my period only lasts 4 days :S 4 weeks is a big difference :(

I've just worked out on my calendar (if you have 28 day cycles) then you would be 7 weeks today.

My cycle is longer that's why I'm a few days behind you.

Thank you! I have worked the same out but my due date would be 27th of feb not the first! Do you think I would be able to have a second appinion somewhere else or will I have to pay privet for a scan x

I think she's made a mistake with due dates. It sounds to me like she's just not calculated right.

Your deffo same dates as me because were only days apart. My due date is 2nd March so yes you would be due 27th

Only reason I got a scan at the EPAU was because of some unexplained tummy pains. So my doctor referred me. Other than that I guess you would have to pay private for an early scan

I will just have to pay privet!! Thank you very much!! Good luck with you pregnancy :)

I would maybe speak with your midwife again & ask her to check what she told you. If you dont feel comfortable about that, either speak with your doctor who could get you referred for an earlier scan, or maybe call Jessops hospital direct & speak with them about your concerns.

If she has put your due date down as the 1st Feb then won't you get sent for a scan earlier than you should anyway?

With my first baby, my midwife put a due date down that was 2 weeks earlier than it should have been because she just used my last period date, despite me telling her that my cycles were 42 days long. As such, when I went for the scan they said I was only 9 1/2 weeks gone and adjusted my due date accordingly. I then had to go back a couple of weeks later when I was in fact 12 weeks pregnant.

The due date the midwife gives you is only provisional and the only one that matters is the one they give you at your 12 week scan. This is what is used from then on in. So I wouldn't worry as your scan will resolve the issue.

I am a couple of weeks behind you both and think I am due middle of March (based on my dates of course), but I will probably have the same issue this time as I had last time with the due dates! lol

Good luck with everything. :)