Broken cat tail

I really hope that you aren't close enough to me for it to be my Isaac that's done it :( as he's both inflicted that wound on other cats recently and had it done to himself- it's a standard tom cat fight bit I'm afraid.

We go to Hallam on Holme Lane BTW- sorry not to have seen your request earlier.

Someone else told us it was a tom cat thing.... it looks really painful!

I think you're far enough away to it not have been your Isaac so don't worry!

We did use Hallam Vets - then we got your recommendation to use them via our mutual friend ;)

When it happened to Isaac he started running round the house growling and attacking his own tail, which was a bit of a clue that there was something wrong. I arrived at the vet surgery wearing a whole selection of plasters and my pair of gauntlets, carrying a basket that was bouncing about and growling at the world. He was not a happy boy.

He was sorted out by a long acting antibiotic jab and a few doses of Metacam though :) and I hope your boy is similarly better quickly :)

---------- Post added 05-07-2013 at 22:57 ----------

Ah bless him. Is he neutered? My boy is n he never seems to fight thankfully. Glad he's ok anyway x

You (and he) are so lucky.

After the first few times I had to take Isaac down with scrapping injuries the vet suggested neutering him, which I reminded them that they had done 2 years ago.

Before that point I'd taken him down 3 times, and since then another twice for antibiotics, but he's also had the ends of his ears shredded by another tom twice (both ears) and is currently sporting scabs all over the top of his head again.

Some cats just never learn...

Ah bless him. Is he neutered? My boy is n he never seems to fight thankfully. Glad he's ok anyway x

Yeah he's neutered and usually Mr Cool.... but I think it was the big black cat that came into the garden earlier and had a go that got him later

He's just come and thanked me by washing my hand... aaawww

Really Medusa? I thought they weren't supposed to fight when they're neutered. I've had a few toms over the years n none ever fought. Must be just lucky then! Mind u, my mog kinda thinks he owns the area. Goes for a walk with a neighbour along with her cat and her Rottweiler. As u do. Lol

Really Medusa? I thought they weren't supposed to fight when they're neutered. I've had a few toms over the years n none ever fought. Must be just lucky then! Mind u, my mog kinda thinks he owns the area. Goes for a walk with a neighbour along with her cat and her Rottweiler. As u do. Lol

Yup, I've got 3 neutered toms, one of whom is a complete pudding (although the boss of the house), one who is a very very very timid feral who panics to the point of throwing himself out of windows when he's scared but has never scratched me even when I've had no choice but to handle him, and one who breaks into other people's houses (running up the outside walls into upstairs windows if necessary), wants everything his own way (or he just sinks his teeth into you) and who seems to actually enjoy bodily hurling other cats out of my apple tree.

He did have size 12s that were very hard to miss, so I can't imagine that the vets missed them when neutering him, but he does have the wall to wall muscle and the really broad head and neck of an entire tom, as well as the temperament to dominate any other tom that happens to be in his vicinity. My cleaner won't even go near him any more because he's bitten her so often.

---------- Post added 06-07-2013 at 00:11 ----------

Yeah he's neutered and usually Mr Cool.... but I think it was the big black cat that came into the garden earlier and had a go that got him later

He's just come and thanked me by washing my hand... aaawww

I hope that means that he's starting to feel better :)

I wouldn't trust Isaac if he washed my hand though- I'd worry it was going to be his next hunting target, the furry killing machine that he is!

Medusa, your Isaac sounds a lot like he could have been related to my cat Molly, she is one mean feline, when I took her in to be spade, I got a call from the vets telling me that when Molly had come out of the anesthetic they had to re sedate her because she went into killing mode, she bit 3 of the nurses and the vet, drawing blood and even after being given a sedative to calm her down she was going nuts and the whole carry cage she was in to come home in was rolling across the floor. My oldest Son is terrified of her because she bit his nose really badly which has left a small scar, now if She and my Son are in the same room she stalks him moving in for the kill, I have never seen a grown man run away from a cat before :hihi:

Edited by mym8scallmeh
spelling mistake