"personal" head phones

Is it just me or do others get irritated by the squidge squidge squidge of these so called personal head phones. I travel on four buses a day to and from work and I'm just aching to get a pair of scissors and cut the wires. It wouldn't be so bad if I could actually hear the music. It's worse than all the mobiles being answered as if they were talking across a building site. Perhaps I'm extra grumpy having had to do a Sunday and still not being able to get away from it even though most people were not at work. Please... all you guily ones... try and keep personal music personal. :(

That certainly got a laugh out of me in what is the most distressing week I've had for a very considerable while. As a regular Midland Mainline traveller I'd love to cut the wires to every single set of earphones attached to DVD players, mobiles, CD players, IPods as well as all permutations. The background noise is definitely a disturbance and at least as disturbing is the disingenuous look these people give when asked if they would mind turning it down :(

That certainly got a laugh out of me in what is the most distressing week I've had for a very considerable while. As a regular Midland Mainline traveller I'd love to cut the wires to every single set of earphones attached to DVD players, mobiles, CD players, IPods as well as all permutations. The background noise is definitely a disturbance and at least as disturbing is the disingenuous look these people give when asked if they would mind turning it down :(

Why not sit in the "silent coach" on the train? There should be no mobiles, walkmans etc in there. But people are entitled to use them on the rest of the train.

I use mine on buses / trams / trains, even at reasonable volumes, which I tend to stick to (as much as you can with 30 schoolkids on the bus. You cant avoid the spill from headphones.

I dont mind people asking me to turn them down so long as they do so with some curtosy, please and thanks is good idea, not "turn it down will you". Especally with all these little scroates listning to crap-hop on a tinny mobile phone on the bus.

Joel

The noise doesnt bother me. Its not exactly deafening. I just think if you moan you are being a grumpy so and so.

Only when its really loud - people having it blasting out at full volume on their phone do annoy me, but unless I'm sat next to someone, I usually have my headphones on full volume...

And wendy, as Andy said, coach A on Midland Mainline services is the quiet coach, if you book at the station, I'm sure you could reserve seats in there.

Luck for me my headphones are wireless otherwise i'd be real scared of you headphoneophobes (that's probably not a real word)!

But lets face it the buzz noise from headphones is incomparable next to the new mobile with inbuilt mp3 players with in built speakers. It just gives the chavs of this world another weapon to really drill my skull. :rant:

I agree with the mobile phone problem. U get some chav at the back with their phones blasting out their tripe (which they claim is music)

I dont mind headphones tho, I just counter with my own so i cant hear them

personal headphones should really be inaudible for anyone but the user, the cheaper ones are worse for the backscattered noise.

I'm going to buy some of the in ear phones, no back scatter noise at all and much better sound reproduction for me. Of course I only really use my mp3 player at the gym or snowboarding, I prefer to catch 40 winks on the train.

personal headphones should really be inaudible for anyone but the user, the cheaper ones are worse for the backscattered noise.

I'm going to buy some of the in ear phones, no back scatter noise at all and much better sound reproduction for me. Of course I only really use my mp3 player at the gym or snowboarding, I prefer to catch 40 winks on the train.

Sorry, I assumed the OP meant earphones, I rarely (if ever) see people travelling with proper headphones any more...