Ddr2 1066 memory

I cant for the life of me get my 1066 ddr2 to run above 800mhz, can anyone please help?

DDR2 doesn't go as high as 1066... that's DDR3... DDR2 (as far as I know) capped out at 667 or 800(OC)

Some people have pushed past 800, but that's with lots of tweaking and knowledge of Overclocking

hi ghozer, thanks for your comment, but its definately ddr2 1066 it says on the memory, is patriot, gaming memory

Then it's specifically designed for OverClocking... Maybe your motherboard doesn't support 1066... what board do you have?

maybe mate, my board is k9a2 cf and its an msi, my computer is an acer aspire predator, ive just updated my graphics card to a hd7770 2gb ghz edition though and took out the original hd 4850

From what I remember DDR2 1066MHz is simply overclocked 800MHz RAM. Might be a case of manually entering the RAM settings in the bios instead of auto or SPD.

cheers stevoider, will have a go, :), i might just sell my pc, and get another one, anyone interested, specs are, amd 9750 x4 quad cpu, 4 gig of ddr2 1066 patriot gaming ram, water cooled cpu, it has a amd radeon hd 7770 2gb ghz editon graphics card, the card was 130 quid, and a 1tb sata hard drive open to offers :)

The fastest clock speed of DDR2 is 266 Mhz, which with the various data rate increases yields a data transfer speed of 1066 (266*4). These are not overclocked chips, they are designed to run at that speed. JEDEC however has never recognised that base clock speed of 266Mhz, the standard tops out at 200Mhz leading to 800Mhz transfer rate chips as the top of the line that are guaranteed to work.

If the motherboard has been designed by the manufacturer to use 1066 chips it should work, but there is no certainty that it in fact will, and if it doesnt then the only option is to drop back down to 800Mhz.

That board should support 1066, but as said above, you may have to manually enter/configure it to do so...

thankyou obelix mate...

---------- Post added 10-06-2013 at 14:26 ----------

thankyou ghozer mate