Teenage Cancer Trust

Dont know where to put this so please feel free to move !

I had the pleasure of doing a collection for this unique and very special charity last night, a lot of people told me their personal stories of the units around Yorkshire which was so moving.

What became apparent to me was just how much this charity does and how much they help not only young people with this terrible illness but their families too. I found out that there are two units in Sheffield and others around Yorkshire.

Just wanted to big this trust up and say good job and thank you. Hope the small bit raised last night helps a bit !

They do fantastic work, I have witness to this. The unit at Weston park is amazing. My 19 yr old son as had papillary kidney cancer. His main treatment was at hallamshire as they didn't suspect this type of cancer. He had a 8cm Tumour but they thought it benign. He had his kidney out biopsy showed this type cancer. So he was transferred to Weston park, we were shown round by staff on teenage ward. He as never been admitted on to that ward but when we have appointments, scans we sit up on ward so my son doesn't get board t.v Xbox and more importantly tea haha (for me). The staff up on ward are amazing, they work in such a difficult situation but always smiling. They take my son on trips, give advice from hygiene hair eating generally everything. Nathan & Caroline support workers are fantastic and so is Jan. Jan was fantastic for me to talk to I don't know what I would have done at beginning without her. Louise is social worker for click Sargent another trust which is amazing, help with holidays days out anything she can. Then theirs jimmy teens another fantastic part of teenage cancer trust they work hand in hand with each other. They are all truly angels and I applauded them for what they do for the families but most importantly the kids.

Ahhh Paula, really hope he is on the mend hon. Makes me smile to think that this few pounds is going to help out...Deffo going to do another collection for them x

It's good to know. If there wasn't people like you we wouldn't have places like the teenage cancer trust. My son is on the mend thanks getting there slowly but we are winning it so far!

This makes me feel sad. Teenage Cancer Trust is excellent and provides excellent care for teenagers and young adults.

It makes me sad, because teenagers and young adults with other equally serious illnesses get nothing like this level of care, help and support. TCT are an example to all. If only people with other serious illness also got this : (

That is a very good point to be honest. I didnt think about it like that. Now you made me feel sad !

:-(

Hi it is really nice to see people raising the profile for TCT. I am a Body shop at home consultant and we host parties with a TCT team theme to raise money! So far through our events The Body Shop has now managed to raise a*massive £189,450 in total! £250,000 is the goal set for the year.

If you want to get involved with raising cash the parties are Free to hold and can be in the comfort of your own home, workplace if suitable, local pub, nursery-school (out of hours) etc.

Best wishes and good luck to other fundraisers!!

Jemma