Anyone on deerlands ave see who damaged my car ?

I went to my car today ( blue golf mk5 ) to find that something had pushed in diagonally into the road. It's smashed my rear divers side light ( very expensive LED one £300 a pop ) , scraped about a foot of pain off under the light and bend the inside on the wheel arch on the wheel. It had also pushed the car diagonally scrapping passenger rear side wheel along the kerb taking paint off and torn my side wall.

The rear light contained no water ( as it weed it down last night ) so this was done Saturday before 2pm as I went to the car. The car was parked away from my home down the hill due to spate of vandalism if you park outside the flats.

I'm guessing it was hit by a lorry,large van or a bus to push a car in gear and with handbrake on that weighs 1.3ton.

sorry to hear that, fella, i know exactly how you feel. and get ready for the double whammy of losing your no-claims bonus, even if you have uninsured driver cover.

Think Deerslands avenue has a little more to worry about tonight... lots of police and yellow tape nr addlington round about :(

sorry to hear that, fella, i know exactly how you feel. and get ready for the double whammy of losing your no-claims bonus, even if you have uninsured driver cover.

I've managed to repair the damage , halfords £13.99 paint ( had to be made up as car is a LTD. edition colour ), wheel filled and reprinted , disassembled back of the car and re bent all the arch back in ( turned out to be superficial structure ) and just this second £84 for a full set of hella LED lights brand new from German eBay ( UK £299.99 ) . Took me from about 3pm to 7pm to sort out but its 99% done, all I got to fetch is a tin of lacquer and job sorted.

Excess is £150 vol plus £99 so £249, I'm looking at less then £100 done but £100 I was saving for 2 front tyres. I just hope don't get pulled as one just about on legal limit !!!!

I've managed to repair the damage , halfords £13.99 paint ( had to be made up as car is a LTD. edition colour ), wheel filled and reprinted , disassembled back of the car and re bent all the arch back in ( turned out to be superficial structure ) and just this second £84 for a full set of hella LED lights brand new from German eBay ( UK £299.99 ) . Took me from about 3pm to 7pm to sort out but its 99% done, all I got to fetch is a tin of lacquer and job sorted.

Excess is £150 vol plus £99 so £249, I'm looking at less then £100 done but £100 I was saving for 2 front tyres. I just hope don't get pulled as one just about on legal limit !!!!

lucky guy. when mine got hit and run'd, it required a professional repair job and a doubling of our insurance premium. uninsured driver cover only applies if the person who hits you fesses up. guess how often that happens when there are no witnesses.

so that'll be a fault claim - my fault that someone smashed my car up and legged it.