Price differences for the same radiator in Sheffield

ChrisIB

I have just been looking for a small oil filled electric radiator.

There are quite a few stores selling an identical item (and I do mean identical).

It is a 'Crown' or badged. Here are the prices:

Netto 14.99

Morrisons 19.99

T.J. Hughes 20.00 (reduced from 25.00)

Wickes 27.99

B & Q 34.99

I could see a few quid difference but surely it is not just down to buying power?

Well, it pays to shop around that's for sure! Even better prices to be had if you can be bothered to do your shopping online.

Saying that though, if it IS the same item everywhere, the Netto price seems pretty good.

Didn't know that but suspect they put their own brand on common things deliberately to stop having to pricematch!

I thought you said they were identical:loopy:

Anyway, your suspicions are wrong, just do what has been suggested and save yourself some more money :hihi:

Didn't know that but suspect they put their own brand on common things deliberately to stop having to pricematch!
But they will pricematch their own brand against someone elses own brand - as long as it is the same ( to all intents and purposes) ie, same rating, output, colour, style etc. and if they say they don't - ask them to check their lowest price guarantee and give you a copy (you can save some real money if you play the retailers at their own game!!!)

Archived