Calling walkers in their 40s

yes i am thinking the same as my wish to meet other single people has been sabotaged!

i dont understand your imput here strix....are you upset that you dont fit...or just bored maybe?

illogic irritates me :thumbsup:

illogic irritates me :thumbsup:

American indie hip hop irritates me but what has that to do with this :huh:

What a sad thread!

We at the Shamblers do Fortnightly Thursday Evening walks! that usually end up with a pint in a pub, feel free to give one a try, there is also another group on here that does evening walks.

If you are serious about starting your own group, then make time to joining one of the existing groups on a walk, so you can get a feel of what it's about, I'm sure all will answer any questions you may have.

Good luck with it, I know its hard to start a group and it can be soul destroying, but for it to work you have to be committed week in, week out depending how you intend to run it, it takes time to build but if you put the effort in , it will work, you won't be rewarded financially, only by the fact you have created something that people get enjoyment out of it.

By saying the above, it doesn't stop there, if you are serious about starting a group, and lets say you meet another like minded person, then get into a relationship ( it might be what you're after, if not, could happen) then you should continue with what you have set out to do, which is start a group, I've seen many times when people join a group, meet new companionship then break away from the group as their relationship blossoms..... That's fine if that happens, but as a person putting the group together a conscious decision should be to keep that group you have created! Going rather than move on.

Again good luck with what you are trying to achieve.

I really would like to join a walking club to get me out of my post-divorce isolation but my problem is I work in the morning and have the afternoons fairly free but most of the organised walks i have read in this forum start in the morning so I cannot join them. It would seem that they are mostly catering for older people who are perhaps retired.

I am 43 and desperately wanting to meet new friends and I wonder if there are other people, perhaps like me who work from home, who would be interested in getting together in the afternoons for a trek, pub lunch, etc.? If you are like me and have kids, I was thinking about without the kids(!) but if there are other single dads out there with kids at a loose end I guess we could all go.

If there is anyone interested in this, now the weather seems to be improving, I would love to hear from you.

Nick

I noticed a banner outside Tesco, Manor Top advertising a walk on Thursdays starting at half twelve, and remembered your thread

Bugger,

I'm 40, but never married or had kids!

Theirs no hope,.......not even Bob ;)