Norwood. good, Bad or Ugly?

I've been house hunting and as a first time buyer i'm finding that my price range is moving me further and further away from the area I know and love s6/s10.

I've seen some nice properties around Norwood near the Northern General, any thoughts on what it's like up here? I know some people have told me it's not so nice near Musgrave further up?

Thanks

as long as you have a big dog and a decent burglar alarm/cctv you will be fine. dont walk around at night though especially if your a woman

I've been house hunting and as a first time buyer i'm finding that my price range is moving me further and further away from the area I know and love s6/s10.

I've seen some nice properties around Norwood near the Northern General, any thoughts on what it's like up here? I know some people have told me it's not so nice near Musgrave further up?

Thanks

come down through the bus gate and it's a different world especially since the pikeys and a notorious druggie have moved. common sense says keep things secure as in any area. the main downside we have found is the S5 postcode which covers a vast area taking in very rough parts of sheffield. as such norwood gets tarred with the same brush. insurance tends to be pricey. the ethnic mix is not too evident, as perhaps it may be down towards fir vale.