Cat killed on Dykes Hall rd, S6, Sat a.m..

My friend found a cat that had just been knocked down on Dykes Hall Rd, Hillsborough, at approx 9.30 this morning,Sat 28th, below the Castle pub. It is a white cat with a ginger tail and ginger specks on its face. He has wrapped it up and put it in his garden, and has put notices on street lamps on Dykes Hall Rd and May Rd.

He tried phoning Streetforce to maybe move it, but being Bank Holiday he couldn't get through to anyone. I know some of you may suggest he could take it to a vet for checking for microchip, but again being Bank Holiday weekend that would be a problem, especially as he has no transport, so can't walk around carrying a dead cat. He has done his best and hopes it is the right thing to do. PM me if you need to, or check the mobile number on the notices on the lamposts.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 13:44 ----------

Continuing my post, think I typed a bit wrong, get in touch by pm if you need to, thanks.

---------- Post added 30-03-2013 at 16:22 ----------

He has now buried the cat in his back garden,worried about foxes etc and not knowing what else to do with it. He has taken a photo ( cat looking peaceful, as if asleep) if anyone needs positive identification. If any of you can get this information on to other missing pet sites that would be helpful, thank you.

what a kind man. i've shared the info on a couple of lost and found south yorks facebook pages that i'm a member of.

What a nice thing to do and you too midgecat someone must be missing this poor puss R.I.P.

Thank you for your kind replies and for putting poor puss's details on facebook page. He hasn't heard from its owner at all yet, but because he lost a cat himself a while ago, and never found out what happened to him, he just wants the poor cat's owner to know that it is running free now in another world.

if someone has reported it missing to the rspca it won't be added to the site till after the bank holiday so probably best to look next week.