Very special person needed for a very special dog

Tyke is just about the cutest little dog ever. He has a lovely gentle nature, appears to like other dogs and people too. He likes to play with toys , travels well in a car and enjoys his walks. He really likes his food.

Unfortunately he has an old injury to his spine and back leg which causes him a couple of problems. He occasionally will fall over when on his walk and will usually get straight back up and carry on , but once or twice has seemed a little dazed and taken a minute or so to come round.This doesn't always happen and I've walked him for 3 or 4 miles at a time and had no issues on some walks.His main issue is that when he's asleep at night he doesn't seem to realise his bowels need emptying and can mess in his bed. During the day he seems to be clean in his kennel , so we think it's just when asleep.

If a potential new owner was willing to cope with this they would be rewarded with a loving gorgeous little pet.

Tyke can be seen here: http://www.sheffield-dog-rescue.org.uk

http://www.photobucket.com/albums/jj495/sheffdogs/TYKE

Edited by gingers

Would it be worth seeing a McTimmoney Chiropractor? Sounds to me that this little guy has got some spinal damage and may or should get it xray'd

McTimms are excellent and we have had many a success with horses, people and dogs with them.

Poor little guy - what a life he's had

I bet if you put an appeal out and got a photo in the papers - someone would feel for him and get him - even if it was long term foster and supported by the rescue which is what we do with some of ours that are sturggling in kennels and hard for an owner to take one. Its cheaper than paying kennelling fees and much better for the dog.

I must say he looks a gorgeous little chap - i'm sure he would be snapped up if he gets enough publicity

So many people do want nice dogs that will potter around the garden but I would want it checking to make sure he's not in pain.

Edited by Rainrescue

Oh he is such a handsome little chap !! I hope he finds a safe home soon.

My finger slipped and I ended up emailing The Star to tell them of the fantastic work you all do and telling them how wonderful it would be to give you guys some publicity :)

Edited by Sam71

Thanks Sam, any publicity is needed.

Rescues are really struggling to survive at the moment. People just think they will always be there - well i don't think they will. If they don't get help and support in our local area over the next few years - most rescues can't. Those that run them are burnt out and the funds aren't there to meet the demands and the bills.

Sad world - but lean times ahead - the vulnerable - like this little man - pay the price.

We see more and more animals let go when they have a vet bill needed.

I hope someone reading THE STAR can offer this super little chap a home.

Oh he is such a handsome little chap !! I hope he finds a safe home soon.

My finger slipped and I ended up emailing The Star to tell them of the fantastic work you all do and telling them how wonderful it would be to give you guys some publicity :)

well done, every little helps!

just a bit of info for you rain this year gala theres a scruffs dog show at the brinswoth gala on sunday the 7 of july if you whant more info get in touch with the parish office

I should have stated , Tyke has seen a vet and had x-rays/scan.

Thanks for the tip Rain I'll look into the Mctimmoney suggestion.

A suitable foster home would be great.

Thanks Sam , publicity is always helpful.

Thanks Paul for that I will see if we have anyone available who could go - we are just struggling to do those sort of things now we have opened the shop which is a shame.

Hope its a success.

Oh great Gingers and they think he's ok - bless him

What about oldies club??

RAIN, Tyke's only around 3 years old! (May be a good idea for one of the other dogs though).

Tyke has plenty of energy despite his injury and is quite nifty. He loves to run around with his toys and is really loving, likes his neck scratching. I'm sure that someone will take him, it's just finding that special person.

Here's the reply I got via facebook ..........

The Star, Sheffield

Hi Sam. Thank you for your message. We work closely with many of South Yorkshire's animal centres and, indeed, feature a weekly 'Give a Dog a Home' column, profiling one of the thousands of dogs looking for new owners.

I have forwarded your comments to our reporter who looks after this column to have a look at. Thank you again.

Lets hope they help :)

Thank you Sam

The Star featured one of our dogs about a year ago , but I think they mainly focus on RSPCA dogs. It would be nice if they could feature all the local rescues , though every rescues animals need a home.

Thanks for trying , we may see Tyke in the papers then!

How do we get other rescues promoted in the STAR - anyone know? We have tried emailing them lots of times to get our dogs featured but without success. I'm sure all local groups and the dog pound would LOVE to be promoted.

Anyone manage to find out?