Driving to and car parking in Barnsley

Hi. I am going to be starting work in Barnsley soon. Am driving from south Sheffield to town centre.

Firstly, does anyone know what the journey is like in the mornings? I assume I will have to go J33 of M1 up to Barnsley. How busy and delayed does it get?

And then is there anywhere good to park in Barnsley? Is there any parking apart from the main car parks? I don't mind a 10 min walk.

ta

£3 all day, just off the mini roundabout behind the alambra centre.

£3 all day, just off the mini roundabout behind the alambra centre.

£20 will buy you your own car park.

£20 will buy you your own car park.

Wish it could. Id be a pound up by Sunday.;)

You'll be fine. Once you've escaped Sheffield.

Parking is free, spaces outnumbering vehicles by 3:1, and traffic jams are non-existent as soon as you leave Sheffield.

Such problems are the deliberate invention of Sheffield, ever since Henry Ford stood on the Mayor of Sheffield's great grandfather's toe, causing a long running dispute between the city and the motor vehicle.

where abouts in sheffield are you driving from? I also drive to Barnsley however if you use the parkway to access the M1 north you will find delays on the parkway and slow moving traffic from the exit at junction 37 along Dodworth road to the town centre If you give me a rough idea of where you are leaving from and where abouts in Barnsley i may be able to tell you a quicker way

You'll be fine. Once you've escaped Sheffield.

Parking is free, spaces outnumbering vehicles by 3:1, and traffic jams are non-existent as soon as you leave Sheffield.

Such problems are the deliberate invention of Sheffield, ever since Henry Ford stood on the Mayor of Sheffield's great grandfather's toe, causing a long running dispute between the city and the motor vehicle.

Now now squiggles, dont start on the motorist or I will pinch your cleat.;)

Now now squiggles, dont start on the motorist or I will pinch your cleat.;)

I can cope with that. It's when you start pinching my lycra that we will have problems

I can cope with that. It's when you start pinching my lycra that we will have problems

shh, dont mention the "L" word. You will be branded with the dreaded "Fetish" label :o:o