Stung by Joiner off Sheff Forum

really disappointed. Needed my kitchen fitting before christmas, so put a post out on the forum, found this guy who sounded like he could do the job. Anyway after not turning up until after 10am kitchen was started, and although some parts were missing i would have expected an experienced joiner to have been able to deal with it!!

Anyway they left at 10pm the same night and when asked when they were coming back reply was 'first week in January'

Its now the 31st and no sight of him so far.

i have had second and third opinions off avariety of builders kitchen fitters and joiners and they cannot believe the state of the work done.

Including two pieces of solid beech worktop that have been put in upside down, a sink that leaks and no doors on the fridge or freezer because apparently the parts were missing (they weren't).

None of the doors are straight and a fair portion of the units don't line up either.

I'm sure other members have positive experiences but its worth bearing in mind who you invite into your home.

really disappointed. Needed my kitchen fitting before christmas, so put a post out on the forum, found this guy who sounded like he could do the job. Anyway after not turning up until after 10am kitchen was started, and although some parts were missing i would have expected an experienced joiner to have been able to deal with it!!

Anyway they left at 10pm the same night and when asked when they were coming back reply was 'first week in January'

i have had second and third opinions off avariety of builders kitchen fitters and joiners and they cannot believe the state of the work done.

Including two pieces of solid beech worktop that have been put in upside down, a sink that leaks and no doors on the fridge or freezer because apparently the parts were missing (they weren't).

None of the doors are straight and a fair portion of the units don't line up either.

I'm sure other members have positive experiences but its worth bearing in mind who you invite into your home.

i think you should name them for two reasons,one to warn other people or two so they can put their side of the story on the board..if they have one that is.

Did you pay him in advance like a silly person :rolleyes:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=81002

Seems to answer the question.

Thank god for that. For one awful minute I thought it might have been one of our more popular joiners, who's names I bandy about to people who ask.

Lorna, I'd get a quote from FNKYSKNKY or COGGY to set this mess straight :(

And ask citizen's advice about your next step in reclaiming any lost revenue

thats what happens when you trust a student - looking at the contact email address - to do a mans job

Ahhhhhh....

Maybe get in touch with the university if he isn't answering his phone?

Lorna,

From the email address it would appear he's a law student from the University of Sheffield (I know because I studied at Sheffield Uni and know the naming structure). Get in touch with Student Services or even his department.

Seems a bit odd, the guy is called chris but the user name is lindsay and the email address starts with l, (sheff uni addresses are initials, year, course I think).