Passport name change for a child question?

Might just be simpler, if it knows it's Dad isn't it's biological dad, for it to change it's name by itself when it's older.

I don't see why it makes a difference, if you were trying convince it that your current partner was its real dad then fair enough, but if it already knows, then what's the point?

Might just be simpler, if it knows it's Dad isn't it's biological dad, for it to change it's name by itself when it's older.

I don't see why it makes a difference, if you were trying convince it that your current partner was its real dad then fair enough, but if it already knows, then what's the point?

The dad, is the dad, nobody is saying otherwise.

The dad was adopted, and not told about it - he has his adopted family's surname (to which the child is no blood relation) and so the OP doesn't want her child to be legally known by this name, which is not the child 'real family name'

I presume the OP is either wanting to change her son's name to the birth name of his father, or to her own surname, so he is known by the surname of his blood relations, not adoptive grandparents.

---------- Post added 07-03-2013 at 14:01 ----------

http://www.thelegaldeedpollservice.org.uk/655/6-changing-a-childs-name-without-the-consent-of-an-absent-father#.UTidJxwvUho

If you both have parental consent, apparently you need a court order to change the name via deed poll anyway - that court order should suffice in any future passport related things, I should think x

In fact as I typed that i read further down and there is a section about passports! x

Edited by Leah-Lacie