Damp in bedroom

I keep getting damp in two bedrooms its due to the heat and condensation in the room and the lack of ventalation. I cant always leave the window open. I have been advised to use a dehumidifier however I'm looking for more of a perminent solution instead of constantly having to have to use a dehumidifier. Anyone got any suggestions?

Yes

What I have found is that the two other bedroom have air bricks and they don't have any mole.

So not sure if having air bricks put in the moley rooms is the way forward.

Any suggestions?

Do you have vents on your windows? If not that will the best option.

Do you have furniture against those walls? we had to move furniture about and use anti damp paint, it's been fine since. De humidifiers cost a lot to constantly use, we made that mistake.

Thanks- sounds like a good option. How would I get vents put on the windows?

Try Frank from Just trade windows

They make upvc windows and will be able to fit them on your existing windows.

Thanks everyone - will have to try the vents and use the anti damp paint

I would agree firstly fit trickle vents to the windows if your able they are a very easy diy fit and only cost a few pound each or as posted above a fitter should be able to sort them within an hour or so.

you also need to find out why you have a moisture in the bedrooms most homes dont suffer with these problems due to adequate insulation in walls roof spaces and dbl/glazing

you also need to find out why you have a moisture in the bedrooms most homes dont suffer with these problems due to adequate insulation in walls roof spaces and dbl/glazing

i recently had roof insulation installed, have now suffered from condensation and mould in bedroom, which has never been an issue before.

could it be the loft insulation causing this?::confused:

Thats what I was going to say. I know houses without cavity wall insulation are prone to very cold walls which can cause moisture to condense on them. Unless you have lots of people sleeping in one room where is the moisture coming from? Keep the bedroom doors closed so no moisture gets in there from the bathroom. Don't dry clothes on bedroom radiators.

If you have single glazing use those soak up socks on the window sill. We had older thin double glazing and had trouble with condensation rolling off the windows. You can wipe a thin film of washing up liquid on the windows to help stop condensation forming on them. It doesn't leave a mess on the windows if you only put a bit on the cloth.