Parking ticket at the doctors

Moosey I can see where you are coming from.

As advised beforr most solicitors know very little about parking cases.

When sorting out defences you would never just quote the hmrc case. You would base the defence around lots of different issues, various case law, pre estimate of loss etc etc, you know the score......

The pofa does not grant a ppc any right to sue. On pepipoo the defences provided are very thorough. Some county court judges do need to be convinced of the binding nature of the hmrc case sometimes though as I found out two weeks ago but we did in the end suceed

Edited by Eckolad

Moosey I can see where you are coming from.

As advised beforr most solicitors know very little about parking cases.

When sorting out defences you would never just quote the hmrc case. You would base the defence around lots of different issues.

I agree on that last part.

My worry is, and has always been, that whilst it's abundantly clear that you've spent a lot of time on this, and a few others too, to a lesser extent, there are some that quote you not knowing the whole detail that you know.

I worry someone will get it wrong and lose through thinking they know the full facts. As I say, I'm certain you'd have far less problems than most, but I do worry that some aren't so capable and there's a risk to them, hence the request for clarity.

I read POFA differently to you I think by the way. I read the authorisation as sufficient, but in any event, in a contract case it's irrelevant since the various third party rights legislation came in 20 years ago. As I say, I do it all the time. BUPA for example pay out to someone who uses their services, and although they have no direct rights against a defendant causing the injuries, through subrogation, I can recover their charges too, and always do.

Edited by Moosey

Totally agree with you.

Lots of people for example dont know the full story about popla

For example people advise ignore everything but court papers on mse but then they go onto ignore the court papers and wonder why they end up with a ccj by default

Totally agree with you.

Lots of people for example dont know the full story about popla

For example people advise ignore everything but court papers on mse but then they go onto ignore the court papers and wonder why they end up with a ccj by default

Indeed. Best way to put these people out of work and hopefully (probably a dream) get some sort of sensible regulated control, is to make sure they don't win by default.

To true

Whilst on the subject you should read the bpa twitter feed

and what if the invoice is from the land owner not a parking company

Makes absolutely no difference who an invoice for parking is from. Private companies cannot charge penalties.

If I get an invoice from an electrician I have contracted to do some work from me - and I don't pay it - then the electrician can sue me for the invoice.

What the electrician cannot do is charge me a penalty for not paying. Costs associated with getting the money back - certainly. But not solicitor's fees in a small claims court.

Penalty - no.

Ncp have just been landed with a legal Bill of 107,500 after loosing a case against someone, whom they towed over alledged unpaid parking invoices.

Its on pepipoo.

It was in the multi track not the small claim hence the very large bill and humuliation ncp were landed with

Ncp have just been landed with a legal Bill of 107,500 after loosing a case against someone, whom they towed over alledged unpaid parking invoices.

Its on pepipoo.

It was in the multi track not the small claim hence the very large bill and humuliation ncp were landed with

Good news like this always brightens my day .

werent you an electrician last week?

sorry, not you, gym rat

Apparently Gym Rat now owns a garage :loopy:

There was someone about a year ago who claimed to have every job under the Sun in order to claim high ground in various arguments. Can't remember the username but I'm sure he was a regular on the parking threads...

There was someone about a year ago who claimed to have every job under the Sun in order to claim high ground in various arguments. Can't remember the username but I'm sure he was a regular on the parking threads...

interesting, i shall monitor this closely

I suspect the reason for the parking arrangements is so that the Doctors and staff can get their cars out of the car park if a patient needs an urgent visit.

The selfish acts of many who park on double yellows or double park because its only for a minute and they are in a hurry spoils it for the rest of us eventually.