Sheffield Council Parking Services Are An Absolute Disgrace

Currently contesting 4 totally unjust tickets and waiting for a Parking Permit to be sent out despite it been fully accepted and paid for, I am even willing to collect the permit myself from their office at 48 Garden Street next to Croft house just up from old West Bar Police Station but it’s no longer allowed.

To clarify my situation to you all, firstly my application for a Permit has been accepted, I have paid them, received confirmation and the money has definitely left my account, they have all the insurance documents for the drivers allowed to use the vehicle along with solid proof of where myself and my brother lives.

Today they told us it was sent out first class on Friday 18th, I seriously doubt it.

It was a momentous hoop jumping exercise just to even get to the stage of been accepted for this Parking Permit, in October 2012 we sent them the forms, insurance documents, proof of where we live and after 3 months I went to their office on Garden Street myself with all the information again and had to demand a receipt to say it was all now done and now completed.

The PCN’s are from last August 2012 and 3 from Dec and January 2012/13 because I haven’t received a parking permit yet despite displaying the reference number which is supposed to stop tickets been issued, the other is for our car front end covering a double yellow in the snow despite it been well within side the bay and causing no obstructions to anyone or anything.

Speaking to them today after waiting 25 minutes they firstly said my first appeal rejection letter was sent out on the 12th December, an excellent service at only 3 months but yet if only this was the case aswe have received nothing whatsoever.

Sheffield Parking Services routinely lied to us, not done their administrative duties and the only correspondence is a charge certificate for £105.00

Sheffield City Council Parking services are an absolute disgrace, they’re the lowest of the low and incapable of doing the simplest of administrative duties, they do not provide any service whatsoever.

I am now going to make a formal complaint to the Manager of Parking Services Kevan Butt, Head Of Transport & Highways John Bann and contact my local 3 Sharrow Councillors.

If you anyone else has been treated appallingly by SCC Parking Services please get in touch as I’d like to know your story and highlight how terribly frustrating, incompetent and downright disgraceful their‘service’ is.

Tar for reading I feel a tad better, plus the bag of jelly tots and a good joint may also have helped:).

Edited by cheapthrillz

So, at least one of the tickets was issued correctly then? Just because it snowed doesn't mean the rules done apply.

With regards to the other tickets, if you have a reference number that is supposed to stop tickets being issued as you are waiting for a permit then i'm not sure how they could refuse an appeal.

Good luck with your complaint. What you must do is take the details (name, job role) of anyone that you speak to. Also, record the dates / times of any telephone communication. You'd be as well writing all correspondence and sending recorded delivery. Always copy your local Councillor in to the letters as well.

So, at least one of the tickets was issued correctly then? Just because it snowed doesn't mean the rules done apply.

Totally anal if it was, causing no obstruction whatsover, you may well be right as I doubt these pillocks will take into common a sense approach or mitigating circumstances.

Totally anal if it was, causing no obstruction whatsover, you may well be right as I doubt these pillocks will take into common a sense approach or mitigating circumstances.

The rules are pretty clear, they have a job to do, and are obviously doing this correctly.

Also, if you are having problems with getting tickets because of a problem getting a permit, why then park illegally?

The rules are pretty clear, they have a job to do, and are obviously doing this correctly.

Also, if you are having problems with getting tickets because of a problem getting a permit, why then park illegally?

It was just the front of my car shadowing double yellows, it was snowing when I parked, driving anymore would have been dangerous, it was parked well within a designated parking bay and causing no obstruction to anyone or anything whatsover.

Parking Services are not there to help, they're not doing things correctly, they're only their to raise revenue for SCC.

Who do you work for ? :suspect:

It was just the front of my car shadowing double yellows, it was snowing when I parked, driving anymore would have been dangerous, it was parked well within a designated parking bay and causing no obstruction to anyone or anything whatsover.

Parking Services are not there to help, they're not doing things correctly, they're only their to raise revenue for SCC.

Who do you work for ? :suspect:

They are there to enforce parking rules across the city. Which they did in this case. If people parked correctly then Parking Services wouldn't even have to exist. They only raise revenue from people that don't park correctly.

It's not their fault that you parked illegally. It's yours and you have to deal with the consequences of that. Seems like you've got a decent case with the other tickets, but not this one as you parked illegally.

Currently contesting 4 totally unjust tickets and waiting for a Parking Permit to be sent out despite it been fully accepted and paid for, I am even willing to collect the permit myself from their office at 48 Garden Street next to Croft house just up from old West Bar Police Station but it’s no longer allowed.

To clarify my situation to you all, firstly my application for a Permit has been accepted, I have paid them, received confirmation and the money has definitely left my account, they have all the insurance documents for the drivers allowed to use the vehicle along with solid proof of where myself and my brother lives.

Today they told us it was sent out first class on Friday 18th, I seriously doubt it.

It was a momentous hoop jumping exercise just to even get to the stage of been accepted for this Parking Permit, in October 2012 we sent them the forms, insurance documents, proof of where we live and after 3 months I went to their office on Garden Street myself with all the information again and had to demand a receipt to say it was all now done and now completed.

The PCN’s are from last August 2012 and 3 from Dec and January 2012/13 because I haven’t received a parking permit yet despite displaying the reference number which is supposed to stop tickets been issued, the other is for our car front end covering a double yellow in the snow despite it been well within side the bay and causing no obstructions to anyone or anything.

Speaking to them today after waiting 25 minutes they firstly said my first appeal rejection letter was sent out on the 12th December, an excellent service at only 3 months but yet if only this was the case aswe have received nothing whatsoever.

Sheffield Parking Services routinely lied to us, not done their administrative duties and the only correspondence is a charge certificate for £105.00

Sheffield City Council Parking services are an absolute disgrace, they’re the lowest of the low and incapable of doing the simplest of administrative duties, they do not provide any service whatsoever.

I am now going to make a formal complaint to the Manager of Parking Services Kevan Butt, Head Of Transport & Highways John Bann and contact my local 3 Sharrow Councillors.

If you anyone else has been treated appallingly by SCC Parking Services please get in touch as I’d like to know your story and highlight how terribly frustrating, incompetent and downright disgraceful their‘service’ is.

Tar for reading I feel a tad better, plus the bag of jelly tots and a good joint may also have helped:).

I can top that.

I got a ticket today.

Car parked bang outside my house, hazards on, bonnet up, smoke pouring from the exhaust (blew my turbo) with me just a few feet away stood at my front door on the phone to the rac.

This git stood about 20 yards away writing the ticket then just walked past my car and slapped it on the windscreen. He never broke his stride, just kept walking and got into the van (also parked on a single yellow about 50 yards from my car)

Ill be appealing and im confident ill win but jeez, what a hassle i dont need right now.

Especially when i found out how much a new turbo was going to cost me :(

---------- Post added 31-01-2013 at 22:22 ----------

They are there to enforce parking rules across the city. Which they did in this case. If people parked correctly then Parking Services wouldn't even have to exist. They only raise revenue from people that don't park correctly.

Or in my case, broke down.

It's not their fault that you parked illegally. It's yours and you have to deal with the consequences of that. Seems like you've got a decent case with the other tickets, but not this one as you parked illegally.

I sense your trolling or a Parking Services employee, but i'll bite anyhow and repeat, it was snowing and just the front end of the car shadowing double yellows, you couldn't see them anyhow and it would be very unsafe to continue driving , which I parked well within the designated parking bay and caused no obstruction whatsoever, is this sinking in?

No I haven't had any problems with SCC parking tickets as I don't illegally park!

Poor you, woe is me :help:

I sense your trolling or a Parking Services employee, but i'll bite anyhow and repeat, it was snowing and just the front end of the car shadowing double yellows, you couldn't see them anyhow and it would be very unsafe to continue driving and the car was parked well within the designated parking bay and causing no obstruction what soever, is this sinking in?

how can you be within the designated parking bay and "shadowing" the double yellow lines. i'm not a parking services employee by the way. Just don't think it's fair to moan about people for doing their job correctly.

Let's see if this sinks in... YOU were at fault, you parked on double yellow lines (it doesn't matter that you were "shadowing" the lines). Also, if you had managed to complete your journey by car up to the final moment where you were parking (illegally) that another few minutes to park correctly wouldn't have caused to much of a safety issue.

No I haven't had any problems with SCC parking tickets as I don't illegally park!

Poor you, woe is me :help:

I suppose you never break the speed limit either. :roll:

how can you be within the designated parking bay and "shadowing" the double yellow lines. i'm not a parking services employee by the way. Just don't think it's fair to moan about people for doing their job correctly.

Let's see if this sinks in... YOU were at fault, you parked on double yellow lines (it doesn't matter that you were "shadowing" the lines). Also, if you had managed to complete your journey by car up to the final moment where you were parking (illegally) that another few minutes to park correctly wouldn't have caused to much of a safety issue.

My car tyres wasn't touching the double yellows, the double yellows went right round the bend and unecessarily into the straight bit of the bay, it was flat straight to the curb and not cauing any obstructuion whatsover, ticketing under these circumstances is just been an anal jobsworths, something you'd be good at;)

lets see if this sinks in...I was not causing any obstructions to any other car users, cyclists, pedestrians, aliens or any other anal pedantic forumer. I didn't manage finish my journey which is exactly the reason why i parked where I did. Travelling any further would be suicidle to me and other people, so sensibly parked up and walked.