Flat roof construction

I have a 2 bed house built in 1946 which has a rear porch, in it is a boiler room and opposite a toilet. The roof in this porch is a flat roof construction to rear of house, what appears to be made of concrete block just laid on. However, I've noticed an RSJ across the width of the porch on the house wall side. Can't see one above the rear door yet I assume there is one ? How are these constructed ? Is the concrete poured in on side between the RSJ's ? The problem is, I can see through the RSJ looking up to the lead flashing but can't see where the roof starts ? is there two concrete blocks? I know that the boiler wall and door and the toilet wall and door may offer some support for the flat roof but can these walls be taken down to extend the kitchen ?

IF its what I am thinking of they are concrete lintel's around 400mm apart and then the blocks are dry laid in between both the lintel's and the blocks are notched to allow them to inter link. But i can not think for the life of me what this system is called! old age must be sneaking up on me!!

Thanks for your reply Paul, I think these were wet laid and layered using wood for moulds, because I can see the lines of concrete, they are joined and sealed. Looking up I can see dried concrete that was once wet, makes a line, they are 150mm apart. I think I can take these walls out because they're internal. I want to put a studded wall around the toilet effectively and open up the space in the kitchen. I think the inside of one side of the RSJ is supporting the roof also. There maybe an RSJ across the back door wall.

Sound good, safe?

Thanks for the link, it's not like this. I think it's been done with wood as the moulding and concrete pouried in the mould in sections of 150mm at a time. Concrete poured in one side of the I section RSJ. if you look up you can see the lead flashing joined to the 'other' side of the RSJ from the house wall to the flat roof. The method on the link is a new method. Breeze blocks were unheard of in 1946 I think.