Did You Live In Shiregreen?

zoboz111

Hi Fast, I used to live on Sicey Avenue opposite Butterthwaite Crescent. My daughter lives on Deep Lane. Ted, I've climbed the wall at Thundercliffe a few times.

You're right, I did work for Potts on Papermill Rd. Do you remember what happened to Mr. Potts and his unpleasant demise. His wife was a rather large Scottish woman.

I remember my mother {Nicholson} mentioning someone called Bowes at the Grange. In those days we used to have quite heavy snowfalls which made it a rather awkward hike to the Grange. It was no good going out without wellies on in the snow in those days:mad:.

I'll get the photos set up in a couple of days.

Bri.

i used to deliver milk to the grange in the early 50 so you dont have to remind me about the snow the first probblem having to wait at the railway crossing for the slow boat to china chased many a rabbit down the drive early in the mornings when it was still dark of course we was in the milk truck we only had one headlight

Hi Beenicko when you worked at Hemmings did you know my stepdad Bill Ward. He use work there in the eaerly seventies. I used to live on Sicey until 74. My old school pal's mother was the manager at the Esseldo a Mrs Johnson they used to live behind Bashams (Ithink thats What they called it.) shoe shop on Paper Mill Lane.

Hi Dogman, it was stevenorfolk who worked at Hemmings, not me. I'm sure he will read your posting and reply to you. I didn't know, or can't remember:rolleyes:, any Bill Ward on Shiregreen but I did have an uncle called Bill Ward but he lived at Frecheville.

Bri.

Hi Dogman, it was stevenorfolk who worked at Hemmings, not me. I'm sure he will read your posting and reply to you. I didn't know, or can't remember:rolleyes:, any Bill Ward on Shiregreen but I did have an uncle called Bill Ward but he lived at Frecheville.

Bri.

Sorry Dogman but its 40 years since I worked at Hemmings, and I'm not very good with names,Bill Ward does'nt ring any bells, the only name that I remember from Hemmings was a chap called "Vinny" he lived on Hartley brook road nr the School,He was the "Cog Backer" when I worked on the Hook.

Steve

I believe this is the old Cintride building.

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x63/beenicko/?action=view&current=OldCintridebuilding208500.jpg

Next photo is a close up.

Bri.

All being well this should be a close up of the building

http://s180.photobucket.com/albums/x63/beenicko/?action=view&current=OldCintridebuilding08500closeup.jpg

Bri.

i have a photo somware in my collection of the garage just above from a mr southern was having it build he had a shop above bellhouse wmc at that time i worked with is daughter

on the coop milk i was only a lad at that time