Platering / tileing please help if you can

Hi i work full time but want to get into the trade of plastering or tileing just want to know if theres any one of these trades that work weekends that could do with a labourer so i can pick up the skills thanks

I know plasterers that did four year apprenticeships including college day release courses. How much do you expect to learn in a few Saturdays?

Dont do plastering. Its a dying trade. Too many numpties have jumped on the bandwagon.

No one wants floating (undercoat) anymore, and the joiners have stolen plasterboarding.

Its hard trying to find work!

Dont do plastering. Its a dying trade. Too many numpties have jumped on the bandwagon.

No one wants floating (undercoat) anymore, and the joiners have stolen plasterboarding.

Its hard trying to find work!

He is right! Plasterers are ten a penny at the moment. It seems to be one of those trades people with little or no qualifications go into. As Ceevee said there is plenty of numpty's coming into that trade.

It is becoming a trade that apprenticeships have gone and people want to just pick up. Then you have to become self employed as no one employs plasterers on the cards except Kier and you need your own van.

My spread did me a job before Christmas and turned up with 2 mates. 3 vans each with a different name on the side! Take out your van, no holiday pay and supplying your own equipment and you will see why plasterers are one of the cheapest trades around. Self employed brickies are becoming scarce but at least sites take them on direct and with some security.

Try a dry job like joinery, painting or tiling. Remember when brickies stop laying bricks in early December plasterers stop 1 month behind them. Struggle with work up to April.

Good plasterers aren't ten a penny,i've gone to put more 3 day wonders work right than enough,still keeps me busy!

Got to agree with all the above posts so called plasterers are 10 a penny but good ones are very scares the ones I use have to be booked at least 4 weeks in advance and demand top money but for this they do a top draw job and are very clean and tidy. Its also in my opinion a young man's game as you start getting older your joints fee it. Retired is right about the self employment time are hard and friends are few at the moment. If you have a regular 9-5 I would stick with that at the moment.