New premises - worth the extra expense ?

Happy new year everyone. My current storage situation, leaks, looks awful and is getting close (but not THAT close) to full capacity. I'm looking at the idea of moving, putting the office in there rather than working from home. I could also try (try being the key word) and entice potential clients to have a look at my wares. Thing is I'm looking at about a £500 a month increase. It may well bring in an extra 500 (could be more) but all I'll be doing is giving to a landlord and utilities.

Have I answered my own question or has anyone else taken a similar leap and been pleasantly surprised ?

hi

we recently moved from working from home (half a garage) to the one of the RIDO centres at the Magna Centre.

Basically is a managed office block, but we use our office for Tshirt Printing, so they are flexible.

its easy in easy out, month to month. Apart from the office charge per month theres electric and also broadband and phone if you want it, we dont as we use my phone and thether the internet connection :D

We pay £180 per month no vat and no rates ;) ... rotherham is rate free until later this year when they will review it.

so £45 per week for a nice clean, heated complex with 24 hour access, reception desk etc..

they also do groundfloor workshops with roller shutters they work out at about £1 per sq m, i think theres one free at the moment around £300 a month

ring julie Fusion@Magna 01709 300100

http://www.ridobusinesscentres.co.uk/fusion-magna

Thanks for replying. I'll need quite a bit more space than that but will give rido a ring to see what they have to offer.

Do you think you sell more as a result of your move? (which sounds a nice setup to be honest ) ie a proper business address. Do you get more people wanting to collect and try and save delivery costs or just pop in for a chat ?

Thanks for replying. I'll need quite a bit more space than that but will give rido a ring to see what they have to offer.

Do you think you sell more as a result of your move? (which sounds a nice setup to be honest ) ie a proper business address. Do you get more people wanting to collect and try and save delivery costs or just pop in for a chat ?

not so much more as we dont have a "high street" presence, we are purely online so location isnt important as we are looking for passing customer traffic.. we needed to move the business from our home

Archived