Dog running loose Laverock Way/Sicey Avenue

redstar1987

I have just seen a dark cream/light tan medium sized dog running around between Laverock Way and Sicey Avenue, S5. As it is a Sunday, the dog warden isn't working :( and I was too far from home to get it there without a lead :( It was quite skittish but it did approach me and allow me to stroke it. It followed me a little but then I lost it. I looked around but couldn't see it.

I really hope it has made its way home, or the owners look on here and have a clue where to look...

I have just seen a dark cream/light tan medium sized dog running around between Laverock Way and Sicey Avenue, S5. As it is a Sunday, the dog warden isn't working :( and I was too far from home to get it there without a lead :( It was quite skittish but it did approach me and allow me to stroke it. It followed me a little but then I lost it. I looked around but couldn't see it.

I really hope it has made its way home, or the owners look on here and have a clue where to look...

Did it look like it was cross dingo? (Big ears, big sorrowful eyes) if so was my moms - and is safely back home, my uncle let her out not realising most if the back fence had gone do she decided to go for a wander.

But thankyou so much for your concern, unfortunately for some reason lately if she can get out she takes herself off for a walk so I'm currently on the look out for one of those long chains we can attach her to when she needs to go toilet at night as my mom has limited mobility & often falls on the back in the dark

Thank goodness she's found - lost around there there are so many roads to get knocked down on.

Is she neutered? Often this will make them run off, when in season or coming into season.

Best thing if your mum needs to keep her secure are the 'running lines'. Pets at Home sell them. Its a line with a clip at both ends -you clip onto 2 secure places. then you an clip a lead onto the line, with a clip to clip onto the dog.

Your dog can then run up and down this line, without twisting or getting tangled up in it - and as long as no objects or poles in the line of run - is usually a pretty secure way of securing an escape artist. Its not ideal - ideally the garden should be 100% secure with 6' fencing but i have seen staffy's climb up and over 6' straight panel metal gates - so they can get out if they want to.

Secure your panelling and fencing as much as you can - to stop her doing this but in the mean time - the runner is pretty good. Also, please make sure she is getting regular dog walks maybe even by asking a neighbour to help if mum struggles.

Did it look like it was cross dingo? (Big ears, big sorrowful eyes) if so was my moms - and is safely back home, my uncle let her out not realising most if the back fence had gone do she decided to go for a wander.

But thankyou so much for your concern, unfortunately for some reason lately if she can get out she takes herself off for a walk so I'm currently on the look out for one of those long chains we can attach her to when she needs to go toilet at night as my mom has limited mobility & often falls on the back in the dark

Thank goodness she's found - lost around there there are so many roads to get knocked down on.

Is she neutered? Often this will make them run off, when in season or coming into season.

Best thing if your mum needs to keep her secure are the 'running lines'. Pets at Home sell them. Its a line with a clip at both ends -you clip onto 2 secure places. then you an clip a lead onto the line, with a clip to clip onto the dog.

Your dog can then run up and down this line, without twisting or getting tangled up in it - and as long as no objects or poles in the line of run - is usually a pretty secure way of securing an escape artist. Its not ideal - ideally the garden should be 100% secure with 6' fencing but i have seen staffy's climb up and over 6' straight panel metal gates - so they can get out if they want to.

Secure your panelling and fencing as much as you can - to stop her doing this but in the mean time - the runner is pretty good. Also, please make sure she is getting regular dog walks maybe even by asking a neighbour to help if mum struggles.

Hi thanks for the advice, will be getting her a running line today. She gets a couple of good walks a day when I walk mine. Normally she only goes out with her lead on but it was my uncle who thought he was being helpful

Yeah that sounds like the dog I saw. So pleased she made it home, I have been worried all night :)

Sounds like my little terrier, if she has the opportunity to go, she is gone. Once spent most of Christmas Day morning trying to get her out of a garden she had wandered in to but couldn't get back out of lol