Help!!black male cat found

well!!....rspca phoned me back today and asked if i can keep it another day.......it has now been in a steamy bathroom to try and help the congestion and is now laid on sofa covered up.....poor little mite

thats good hope its a good outcome for him.let us know how he gets on bless him.

Congestion is the main problem with cat flu. If their nose gets blocked they can't smell their food and they stop eating. Once they stop eating they go down hill rapidly as they get dehydrated. Keep doing the steam, but the vets should also be able to give you something to sprinkle on his food that helps to clear congestion. Obviously keep him comfortable by removing gunk from his eyes/nose with cotton wool soaked in warm water. Try to encourage him to eat wet food then he is getting his moisture and not dehydrating. If he stops eating for over a day, get back onto the vets/RSPCA. If your own cat has been vaccinated it should be ok

he started eating again(thank god)but still looks gooey round the eyes which we keep cleaning but at least hes resting in the nice warm house!

Lucky for him he found you - people like you deserve medals well done x

He's a very lucky boy. He may not be here now had you not took him in

If your cat is vaccinated, why not keep him? he obviously came to you for a reason :-) I’ve got 6 cats and only ever had one from a kitten. Cats rule and you are obviously a good mommy. The longer you keep him the less likely the RSPCA and CPL are likely to take him in. They’re over full as it is x You could get in touch with CPL and ask them if they’d sponsor you to keep him - fingers crossed you could become a fosterer x Great to hear that they’re people like you about x

thanx guys...rspca phoned this morniing and wanted to collect him...i said no i would like to kep him till he is better x

i am so glad he is staying with you till he is better good on you for caring

really pleased to hear that RSPCA offered to take him. even more pleased that he's been able to stay with you.