Registering a property

Recently inherited a house ,can anyone tell me how I have the deeds made over to me

Yes. I can.

Did you yourself act as personal representative (executor/administrator), or did someone else?

The PR has a duty to wind-up the Deceased's estate. As to property, that's done by an Assent- effectively, a transfer from the name of the Deceased to the name of the Beneficiary. This needs to be registered at HMLR. The procedures are complex if ownership is so far not registered at all but simpler if the Deceased is currently the registered proprietor. The HMLR fee is set by reference to the property's value.

Contact me by e-mail [not pm] if you'd like me to assist professionally.

Edited by Jeffrey Shaw

Take a look at our FAQs re what to do when a property owner dies.

If the Executor is transferring the property to the Beneficiary then an Assent in form AS1 is probably required and the PG takes you through the process.

The forms required are also available online.

If after reading the PG you are unsure as to how to proceed then you can Contact Us by phone/email

Winding-up the deceased's estate can often also involve other matters not directly related to the legal title (ownership of the property). As a result such matters are often done by a solicitor/conveyancer as they can also advise/assist with regards any other issues which might arise.

I am afraid I cannot as yet link you directly to the online information mentioned here but if you search using Google for Land Registry for England & Wales you can link to our website via the first NON advert result