How would you crop this portrait?

Skink

was taking some carefully lit portrait pictures recently and grabbed a sweet unplanned shot, lighting isn't great (too much from above) but framing is all wrong - can't decide how to crop/tweak this one, so welcome any thoughts

6088RAW.jpg

well i cant see the photo, but google picassa is pretty good for cropping and tweaking and its free

thanks garbo, I am good for technology (got Photoshop and Gimp) but dont seem to be able to crop this to make it work really well

have tried flipping it over, square crops, wide format 12x5 crops - it may that there is no great answer, it was only a grab shot anyhow

thanks holy moses - I am far too prejudice against removing elements of a picture (too many years using film where it wasnt the option it is today) but I quite like what you have done there

with a bit of burning at the bottom of the frame to darken the edge of the frame it would look good

With my crop I was hoping to allow the viewer to follow the subjects eyes and wonder what has caught her attention, its changed the picture from "I'm bored, I'll play with my Veil". Whats going on over there.

Plus it follows the rule of thirds in guiding the viewer eye and directing them across the picture. With the original I think, the thick line of the veil in the background commands the picture and detracts from the subject. Either way it is a nice candid capture.