Driving Sheffield (Abbeydale Rd) from the North - best route

Am driving a van down next Saturday from York to Sheffield as moving house & need to arrive roughly around lunchtime.

Seems to be a few different routes I could take & was wondering if anyone had any experience of the traffic/road conditions on each and which would be the least painful way into the city?

a) M1 round Leeds, off at junction 36 and using the A61 through Grenoside & Hillsborough & round the inner ring road counter clockwise to London Road.

b) M1 round Leeds, off at junction 35 and using A6135 (Barnsley Road) through north Sheffield and Burngreave to the Wicker & then round the inner ring road clockwise & past Park Square & the station to London Road.

c) M1 round Leeds, off at Junction 34 & down Meadowhall Road & Brightside Lane to the top of the Wicker & then as above.

d) As above off at Junction 34 but over the viaduct, round Tinsley roundabout and along Sheffield Road & through Attercliffe until the top of the Wicker or along Effingham road to Park Square & then as above.

e) Along M1 to Junction 33 and then into Sheffield along the Park Way to Park Square & then as above.

f) Avoid the M1 & Leeds altogether and use the M18 & then either junctions 31 or 33 (as above).

I'm guessing Meadowhall is going to hell with the Christmas shopping so would I be best avoiding it altogether & either leaving the M1 at junctions 36 or 35 or taking the M18 and approaching from the South?

I personally would pick e, purely because I prefer to stay on the motorway as long as possible to avoid traffic lights. Don't go A61 as it takes you through Hillsborough which can be bad at any time, let alone Saturday. As it's Saturday you may be best avoiding anything involving Meadowhall, so the more I think about it the more I would say e.

Personally, I would use option e - M1 to J33, down Parkway etc - just be careful of speed limit changes on Parkway from 70 to 50 and then down to 40 nearer city centre (speed camera just after change to 40!).

At J34 coming South there is dedicated lane down to r/about, for Meadowhell, so get into middle lane following J35.

Bear in mind which of the Sheffield football clubs are at home next Saturday

Bear in mind which of the Sheffield football clubs are at home next Saturday

Aye so that definitely rules out coming through Hillsborough! Sounds like the Parkway is my best bet even though it's a fair bit longer that way.

I used to drive from Leeds to Sheffield city centre every morning at 7.30am. I last did the journey about 3 years ago but at that time J34 was the quickest motorway exit but then I used a number of back roads from there to beat the traffic into the centre.

option e gets my vote.

My parents live on Abbeydale Road. I sometimes travel from my parents house to Leeds and always take the parkway to get to M1 at junc 33. I find this route its the easiest for me.

Depending on the time, a is the shortest and most direct route.

Sounds like most people recommend the Parkway then even though it's a fair bit longer than coming through North Sheffield I guess it's a lot faster as a trunk road so will save me time.