Good threads getting Hijacked by spoilers

There are some good threads on SF that are good debates but there is always a certain few who want to turn it into an argument that gets the thread closed by the mods,surely the thread should not closed because of a few so and sos would it not be better to remove antagonists from the tread,that way the sensible debate could continue.

There are some good threads on SF that are good debates but there is always a certain few who want to turn it into an argument that gets the thread closed by the mods,surely the thread should not closed because of a few so and sos would it not be better to remove antagonists from the tread,that way the sensible debate could continue.

Well said. Does the forum have a policy regarding identifying and dealing with trolls?

If you're on about the thread I think then I'm really quite appalled by the decision to close the thread. I can see where the mod's are coming from because it may have escalated but argumentative comments should have just been removed.

Pretty sad that such a good thread was closed.

Well said. Does the forum have a policy regarding identifying and dealing with trolls?

Don't mention the T word:suspect:

Don't mention the T word:suspect:

They're not hard to spot but I imagine eradicating their destructive nonsense is a bit trickier.

PS - I may well have contributed inadvertently to the Remembrance thread being closed as I reported a post that suggested another poster was grooming children. I had hoped that would be simply removed. Perhaps one of you two could start a thread along the lines of Willman's suggestion when he closed the Remembrance thread.

Edited by mikem8634

They're not hard to spot but I imagine eradicating their destructive nonsense is a bit trickier.

PS - I may well have contributed inadvertently to the Remembrance thread being closed as I reported a post that suggested another poster was grooming children. I had hoped that would be simply removed. Perhaps one of you two could start a thread along the lines of Willman's suggestion when he closed the Remembrance thread.

OK I will start one up in a bit, I did not notice that my self.

Yes I have a stalker that's stalks my posts trying to get me banned all the time, follows me like a little puppy dog, poor dear with no friends :roll:

The thing is, it had gone so far off topic as well. It was about 2 minutes silence to start off with but then changed into the why's and wherefore's of other peoples wars, by certain people spouting their own type of bile.

The thing is, it had gone so far off topic as well. It was about 2 minutes silence to start off with but then changed into the why's and wherefore's of other peoples wars, by certain people spouting their own type of bile.

You're right, it had gone off topic. There was a worthwhile discussion in there somewhere though, minus the bile of course.

Just give over trolling, and there'll be no need to deal with you.;)

Just give over trolling, and there'll be no need to deal with you.;)

Dear oh dear.

We do try to remove specific posts rather than lock threads. However, what forum users cannot see is how many times we have to remove individual posts. There are certain threads which seem attract argumentative posters and in these cases the moderators may decide to lock the thread. Please be aware that, as the forum is moderated by volunteers, there is a finite amount of time available. If one particular thread is generating significant numbers of reports, and moderator requests are being ignored, then sometimes we will decide that the best course of action is to close the thread.

If you have queries about a specific moderator decision, please could you raise these directly with the Admin Team via the Forum Helpdesk.