Remembrance Sunday - 11 November 2012

Thanks guys. I'll be there at 10:30ish, shoes polished and medals gleaming. Hope it's a good attendance and I'll see you there

and we will be there waiting for you to march on.

Glad to see an insensitive post removed on a sensitive subject.

I won't be there but will be observing the proper respects at all times throughout this period.

I find it saddening the lack of respect we as individuals show each other considering the price paid by true heroes for our freedom.

God bless them all.

Just heard on Radio Sheffield that Division St is closed due to a police incident.

The parade is rerouted from West St.

hi myself and husband went to barkers pool today fantastic turnout baffled no cannon went off:(

I look forward to the cannon being fired,it was a good turnout though.

I watched on the tv, through many tears, as I always do. They read out the letter a young soldier had written to his family (as they have to before going on deployment) my God I just lost it. I am the same every year, and the older I get the more emotional I am. Powerful stuff.

I watched on the tv, through many tears, as I always do. They read out the letter a young soldier had written to his family (as they have to before going on deployment) my God I just lost it. I am the same every year, and the older I get the more emotional I am. Powerful stuff.

"Powerful stuff" it was, and such a fitting tribute to those who sacrificed their lives for us.That letter was so poignant!

I also watched the Festival of Remembrance Concert,it was so moving.

I watched the Royal British Legion festival of remembrance and the service from the Cenotaph in Whitehall. I used to watch both with my dad but now it is my grandson who watched it with me. He was as good as gold through both but full of questions and I hope he has gained a sense of what it is all about.

It gave me a chance to explain to him just how much we have to be thankful for both as a family and as a nation. He told me he had always thought it was all about 'old men' so he was shocked to realise that the ones we honour never lived to be old but died in the prime of their youth.

Fantastic atmosphere and fantastic turn out but very very cold.

My mates Son was marching with the army cadets so a very proud time all round :)

I was exactly the same - the letter to his family made me weep