S5 , disgusted at the lack of poppies in shops.

I walked around customer services by the enterence and around the fag counter and even looked on the tills.

Did you look at the bottom of the escalators?

Netherlands Boarding and Rescue Kennels- 'Giving Local Dogs A Chance' http://www.netherlandsdogrescue.co.uk

Mill House Animal Sanctuary- 'For The Neglected We Care' http://www.animalsheltersheffield.co.uk

So isn't just giving the money enough for you?

Surely it is better to give the money and not take a poppy since they must cost a small amount to produce.

It's not the money , it's a pride thing. I wear it as a mark of respect to the heros fallen past and present and to the funerals I've attended of my fallen mates.

I feel like a scumbag in a way because I'm not wearing one even though I've contributed twice this week.

It's not the money , it's a pride thing. I wear it as a mark of respect to the heros fallen past and present and to the funerals I've attended of my fallen mates.

If you only wanted to wear the poppy, you could save one and wear it year after year.

If you want to donate too, you can pop to Asda and get a new one instead.

This forum is ace at solving problems:)

what like the muppets on x-factor do ?

No ta I'd like to earn one by giving a donation.

But you said that it was nothing to do with the money.

I feel like a scumbag in a way because I'm not wearing one even though I've contributed twice this week.

If its a pride thing and a mark of respect to fallen servicemen. Been an ex serviceman, do you wear one for the week or so running up to remembrance Sunday or the other 50 weeks of the year as well.

If its a pride thing and a mark of respect to fallen servicemen. Been an ex serviceman, do you wear one for the week or so running up to remembrance Sunday or the other 50 weeks of the year as well.

Seeing they are only sold 2 weeks before the 11/11 then it would be kind of hard would it not ?

Besides its more respectful to wear one at the right time when it's called for.

Seeing they are only sold 2 weeks before the 11/11 then it would be kind of hard would it not ?

Besides its more respectful to wear one at the right time when it's called for.

Well you could purchase a poppy lapel pin badge and wear that year round as a mark of respect to fallen servicemen, then just make your own separate donation to the royal british legion every year.