Arts, Crafts and Messy Play Classes in Sheffield - info wanted

Hi, I've launched minimakers in Dronfield and it's going from strength to strength.

I'm now looking to launch my classes in Sheffield and wondered if anyone would be interested in classes and where they would like them to be based, (areas, clubs, etc) or had any ideas where people/areas would benefit from classes like this.

During the classes we offer 3 different crafts, including baking, painting, modelling, making, etc, whilst using different techniques, media and natural objects, as well as big art, a messy/sensory/discovery area, a practice area (to encourage confidence in skills, e.g: cutting, threading, etc) all finished off with a snack and drink for both carer and child. I manage to cram all this into an hour and charge £4/£4.50 on a flexible booking system.

I'm a qualified art, design and technology teacher and I'm not in a franchise, but am looking to expand.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.

http://www.minimakers-classes.co.uk

oooh your classes look fab, cant wait till my girl is old enough!

oooh your classes look fab, cant wait till my girl is old enough!

Thank you weenireeni! I'm actually starting baby classes too - from about 6months upwards - just getting my inspiration together!

Is it something you could be interested in?

http://www.minimakers-classes.co.uk

ooh definitely :) my girl is almost 1 but doesnt walk yet, so a younger group would be ideal x

I would be interested as there is nothing local to me I live in halfway

A baby one would be fab my little boy is 6 months and there are only really playgroups around and your group sounds so much more fun! Im in S5 but have found the busiest groups I have been to are in and around hillsborough, think thats S6

thanks for the information hols and Del Boy, I'm currently running them in Dronfield and now Woodseats, but need to know where would be popular.

I was initially looking at Handsworth/Beighton area, but would Hillsborough be more popular?

Any info is gratefully received!

Hi anna, I cant really comment on handsworth/beighton as its not near where I live but I definitely think hillsborough area would get a lot of interest. There were roughly 15-20 parents at the playgroup I was at recently and a similar number at the library group x

Hi anna, I cant really comment on handsworth/beighton as its not near where I live but I definitely think hillsborough area would get a lot of interest. There were roughly 15-20 parents at the playgroup I was at recently and a similar number at the library group x

Hi Hols, thanks for that. I'll start looking around Hillsborough during Easter as I have my hands full at moment with the launch of 'minimakers parties'! I'll post once I know more. x

wish you would do beighton, my daughter is bored of the groups near us now! x

wish you would do beighton, my daughter is bored of the groups near us now! x

I'll have a look, I was initally thinking the S11/S7 area, but am now thinking maybe beyond to Hillsborough, Beighton way - I'll keep you posted! x