Would money really help?

I was speaking to a victim of sex abuse last night and the question of compensation come up.

I asked "would money make it go away or help you deal with what happened?"

Her answer was "NO, justice and therapy would be the only things that would help me"

Still, different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Whats your thought?

If you were abused some time ago and you had the chance to get a few quid in compensation would you?

Or would it just open up old wounds that are best left closed?

Sensible replies only please!

I was speaking to a victim of sex abuse last night and the question of compensation come up.

I asked "would money make it go away or help you deal with what happened?"

Her answer was "NO, justice and therapy would be the only things that would help me"

Still, different strokes for different folks i suppose.

Whats your thought?

If you were abused some time ago and you had the chance to get a few quid in compensation would you?

Or would it just open up old wounds that are best left closed?

Sensible replies only please!

Good question to a very emotive subject and, Its a hard to to answer it depends on the individual. I agree with what the person said to you regarding help & justice would be only thing, I by the same token know what you mean about recompense.

This country now has become a blame culture, where there's blame, there's a claim as they say. Not everyone goes along with that ilk, it could well open old wounds but, it may also help to bring closure for some people.

I feel some people just want to forget, and some see it as a way of obtaining some sort of recompense for what they had to endure. Lets put it this way, its not a position I would like to be put in that's for sure.

I have nothing but total sympathy for people who are abused, but some choose to suffer in silence for the rest of their lives, some find it too hard and end things, that is a sad indictment.

Maybe if the money could go towards more assistance, more crisis counsellors or 24 hour centres perhaps?

Not having to wait for months for counseling might help more than money.