I have lost a ring. Can anyone help?

Maybe, just maybe, this is the most boring post ever on Sheffield Forums! :thumbsup:

Well thats good to know.

I dont care about the rings really just wanted to make the most boring post!

get real. cause I bloody care.

Originally posted by beth29

My husband has got the same wedding ring.

and got a photo of the engagement ring!

The police have taken a description.

If only I knew what happened. not that I was drunk at all. my friend is totally confused as well who I was with.

If anyone was down Chapeltown last night. did they see anyone that looked a little dodgey. I am running out off patience now. no body has seen them whatsoever.!!

Gutted

x

Hiya.. I went to Chapeltown on xmas eve and had my phone stolen out of my clutch bag...i have no idea how they opened my bag without me feeling it,but they did.They are thieving gets and want their hands chopping off...Have you tried phoning all the pubs you went in to see if anyone has heard or seen anything?I think its worth a try...I do hope you get satisfaction.!!!

Hi, yes I have been to the police station. just in a lost file now. they dont do anything. I have phoned the pubs, the dj annouced it when I had noticed and nothing. the pubs didnt find anything.

thought about ringing to see if they have cctv. but it was crowded. which is a easier target.

but how did they get it off my finger, no one held my hand at all that night.

Have you thought about ringing to see if they caught it on cctv.

which pub were you in.? where did it happen.

I am supposed to be going out again this w/end. it really makes you nervous about everyone. they havent got anything to take now!

I think the thing is, dont let somebody distract you.

that is good coming from me, who it happened to!!

Are they with your knickers? :o

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

(sorry - couldn't stop myself) :blush:

Originally posted by wendygs

Hold on a minute. I dont see how on earth that can possibly be right because although the pawnbroker may have bought them in good faith, they simply can not have legal title to stolen goods. Generic advice I received on stolen goods in 1997 after unfortunatelky acquiring a defective computer with unlicensed software is the exact opposite. In a nutshell although I bought the goods (including software) on a contract in good faith I did not have title to use software because it was stolen property. Ipso facto if a jeweller has bought these rings they can not have a legal contract because the jewellery would have been stolen.

As a jeweller and pawnbroker myself i have had many dealings in this matter.

"IF" they are found they WILL NOT let her have them back without going through the police.If the police take them away they will be held by them until the person goes to court and is prosecuted which could take god knows how long.

In my experience the police usually help the person who is the rightful owner come to some arrangment with the shop to BUY them back, but they will not let themselves be out of pocket.

I am speaking from experience.:|

I have totally been stumped.

We are not covered by the house insurance. as they dont cover 'lost'

and to have them stolen, you have got to have hada break inn!

so totally cheesed off!

not heard anything. so they have truly gone. they were probably on chapeltown market.

Originally posted by beth29

I have totally been stumped.

We are not covered by the house insurance. as they dont cover 'lost'

and to have them stolen, you have got to have hada break inn!

so totally cheesed off!

not heard anything. so they have truly gone. they were probably on chapeltown market.

That's ridiculous! My contents insurance covers me for up to £500 for anything on my person off the premises. I'm not sure about loss but they should insure you for stolen if you can provide a crime reference number which you get very quickly by phoning the police station.

Oh yes we have got a crime number. so it looks like I am not going to be getting another ring for a while.

my husband is fuming.

I feel awful but to me it feels like it mustve been stolen.

so it is acrime and I can do nothing about it.

apart from cry and hate myself for what has happened!!!!!

I can only assume that the "thieves" must have used the same techniques on you to get your rings as a pickpocket would to get a purse or wallet.

A pickpocket will touch you somewhere, and distract you. Whilst you are focussing on the touch on your shoulder/ arm or whatever, your attention is diverted from their pinching the wallet. You aren't focussed elsewhere.

My late mother was walking into the markets, one time, many years ago, and she felt something brush against her wrist.

It made her "start" slightly, as she wasn't expecting the sensation. she sort of jerked her arm up towards her, and glanced down at her wrist.

Her wristwatch was undone, and about to fall off her wrist; the brushing sensation she had felt was someone trying to steal her watch, right off her wrist.

She knew it could not have been an accident, the wristwatch coming open, as the buckle worked in a certain, quirky way, and could not come open of its own accord.

PT

I know what you mean. I mean it wasa crowded pub. so everyone gets close, brushes past you.

I can remember the night quite clearly. I cannot remember anyone as you say distracting me.

but of course now. its too late.

I am going out this w/end. as I need to stop thinking about it, was it her, was it him.?

it does your head in.

I am ring the pawn shops again today.

I found the receipt for my wedding ring from Turkey. but cant find the place on the net.

I hope I could get the same one.