Female black cat living in my garden S12

A beautiful black/brown long haired cat has been in my garden for some weeks and I'm trying to find who she belongs to. She's there day and night and has taken to sleeping next to the doorstep. She's quite small and very friendly but is starting to look matted and I'm concerned she might also be pregnant. She has no collar or chip. Any help greatly appreciated.

have you informed RSPCA lost and found

ring vets in area

put up posters saying found cat etc

, Have you taken her to the vet to see if she is chipped?

Hi Binky. We really need to find out firstly if this girl is chipped and secondly if she is pregnant. Can you get her to a vets for them to check her over? I'm sure if you explain the circumstances they will look at her for free. If she is pregnant we need to find her somewhere safe and warm to have her kittens. Hopefully she will have a chip and will be able to go home. in the mean time do you not have something you could make her a bed out of? A box turned on it's side with a blanket in. I would also feed her, if she's pregnant she needs the nutrients. It won't encourage her to stay there as she has already taken it upon herself to do that! Cheeky mare :)

Has she been checked at the vets for a chip?

xx

I did say no chip, the vet couldn't feel any kittens but says it might be too early to tell. She definitely looks wider tho. She is on the rspca list so hopefully I might hear from that. It looks as if she's been sleeping in the neighbour's shed so it's not looking good. I have put a sheltered box out there for her if she needs it. If nothing comes up in the next few days I will probably take her in as it's heartbreaking listening to her meow on the doorstep day and night. I have to get my cats their shots first just to be safe, they're house cats so they never needed it before.

smudge: I agree it's probably time to feed her. I have given her some food because I was worried and thought it would be a good test to see how hungry she was - she ate 2 plates of food pretty quickly! But true, it doesn't look like feeding her is encouraging anything since she seems to have already adopted us :)

Have you any pics Blinky. I do know someone who lost theirs but so long ago now- maybe around two years ago if not more. They used to live at intake but moved to S8 now I think moved out of sheffield. She matches the description though - just a thought.

http://flic.kr/p/diRZA8

I'm not sure how old she is but I'd guess no more than a couple of years. I would definitely say she hasn't been homeless that long, for a long hair she's not in typical "stray cat" condition and she's not excessively under weight, although there are a lot of mice and birds around here lol

I hope the link works, I haven't posted one here before so here goes...

http://flic.kr/p/diRZA8

I'm not sure how old she is but I'd guess no more than a couple of years. I would definitely say she hasn't been homeless that long, for a long hair she's not in typical "stray cat" condition and she's not excessively under weight, although there are a lot of mice and birds around here lol

I hope the link works, I haven't posted one here before so here goes...

Isn't she pretty? You're an angel Binky if you can take her in, there's so many cats looking for homes.

Irene if I could I would take them all in, but I don't think DH would appreciate it lol

I'm planning to take her in as soon as I can afford to have her properly checked out by a vet, hopefully next week. In the meantime I'm making sure she has food and water and isn't suffering in any way.

Oh and I'm not sure about her being pregnant anymore, her stomach doesn't seem so rounded now so maybe it was bloating from hunger and/or a worm problem. whatever the cause we will deal with it :)

I do know someone who is on the look out for a long haired black cat, although I think they would prefer an older one. If you decide you can't keep her Binky let me know and I'll pass this info on to them. I would worm and flea her now then she will be parasite free for when she comes inside.

P.S - i think you're right, either newly homeless or lost. She looks in quite good condition

Irene if I could I would take them all in, but I don't think DH would appreciate it lol

I know the feeling. We go away a lot & ours have to go into a cattery. We can't afford any more!