Mugging near the Springvale

As I said, leave it to the police, who might actually be able to do something about it.

As I said, leave it to the police, who might actually be able to do something about it.

Are you for real! The police relay on public information to solve the majority of crimes! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Rely* (correction)

Exactly - tell the police if you know something, rather than the forum.

What do you think a forum is for?

Witch-hunts, prejudice, bile, speculation and slander?

Witch-hunts, prejudice, bile, speculation and slander?

What you here for then? All of the above?

Why would you not put ethnic details on a forum? I agree that we are all equal, but to not disclose distinguishing factors to help identify a suspect following a mugging is just plain stupid.

I think you might have fallen into difficulties when you asked specifically what the ethnic origin was and nothing else, which is pretty meaningless without other 'distinguishing features'.

You said that two BME boys were known for this kind of offence in Upperthorpe-that formed your description. You can imagine there might be quite a few BME boys in that location, there are probably a lot of people who might feel justified in challenging them if they believe they're the muggers.

But surely other details, as described in the OP are equally as relevant? Are the muggers you know of between 16 & 18? Does one have a bumfluff moustache? How tall are they? That helps create a fuller picture.

Well this has degraded into bickering once again.

Once the police have a decent description they may be able to help.

I think you might have fallen into difficulties when you asked specifically what the ethnic origin was and nothing else, which is pretty meaningless without other 'distinguishing features'.

You said that two BME boys were known for this kind of offence in Upperthorpe-that formed your description. You can imagine there might be quite a few BME boys in that location, there are probably a lot of people who might feel justified in challenging them if they believe they're the muggers.

But surely other details, as described in the OP are equally as relevant? Are the muggers you know of between 16 & 18? Does one have a bumfluff moustache? How tall are they? That helps create a fuller picture.

That's exactly what I said in a earlier post, didn't I? I said I am piecing together all the information presented prior with the information that I have to form a bigger picture! Thanks for tip though!

No it would not, but I know of two BME boys from Upperthorpe who regularly go out mugging people. Piecing together the other information that the OP gave, I was going to make an informed decision! But hey! Lets just stick to clothing descriptions! Sure the net will close in!

I found out a tale of two such thugs, they robbed a girl at knifepoint, three months later their ugly mugs were opposite the girl on a tram, she got photos of them on her mobile and they were convicted..being well known nomarks..a month later..lol:love::hihi::D

That's exactly what I said in a earlier post, didn't I?

Yes, sorry I wasnt clear, it was your original post that prompted the reaction.

Although I quite agree that it's perfectly legitimate to confrim someone's ethnicity when describing them..the irony of all this is that the OP hasn't been back to confirm one way or the other and it already seems that they've taken on the appearance of black youths!