Car wrapping in sheff

I have never done it, but I will only charge £50!:D:thumbsup:

Wowza !

You wouldn't even cover the cost of the vynl ?

It's hard and long job wrapping if done right. The sister in law has a golf r32 wrapped in white with carbon roof and bonnet , looks good. I've done wrapping a fair few times and it's difficult and in weather like this unless your indoors , impossible to not at all. The wrap needs minimum of 8deg's to bond to the metal.

Think what he is saying if I buy the vinyl

Truth, I would let someone 'try' with it. The wrapping involves heat guns and knifes. Ive seen and rectified tries where someone's had a go and used a Stanley knife to cut the vinyl , and the car body work.

You have to be part sign writer and part body mechanic , you have to remove trim, lights and other exterior items.

---------- Post added 04-12-2012 at 18:04 ----------

Plus it's a 2 man job to do it right, if your doing a printed wrap you can get away with paneling with slight overlaps and is a one man job. A car and off the roll is deffo 2 man job if not 3 , 2 to hold the length of wrap while 3rd starts to squeegee.

Well been looking into this for few days and i think I'm gonna give this one a miss over costly u can get a car painted for what it cost for wrap plus the cost of buying it is not all that much but for what ppl charge to do it is madness when it's only £200 maybe abit more to buy enough to do it then over £1000 for some one to do it some one out there is making mega money doing this if I could get help off some one that knows what there doing or done it and can take somert on like this and know they can do a good job then I would have a bash at it apart from that ill stick to paint unless some one comes up with help and experience

---------- Post added 09-12-2012 at 23:35 ----------

Went today to a mate to watch him have a go at some wrapping on his car omg not as easy as u think defo two man job if doing the car

• 11 months later...