Links to local tradespeople's websites wanted

I'm developing my business website, I do gas safety certificates for Landlords

My customers are mostly people with one or two houses that they rent out.

I am sometimes asked if I know an electrician, tiler, garedener, decorator etc.

On my website I am building a list of links to the websites of other local and independent tradespeople.

This list will appear as a list of useful links on my website.

Having websites linking together helps to improve the position of a website in search results.

If you have your own website and would like to link to my site then please add this code to your site where it will be seen by your customers.

<a href="http://www.martinsgas.co.uk">Landlords' Gas Safety Certificates at martinsgas.co.uk</a>

Then send me an email and then I will return the favour by adding your link on my site.

Kind Regards

Martin

/////////////////////////

Edited by FACEBOOK

Reciprocal links are weak for seo purposes and too many may result in a Google penalty (push you back down the results).

Natural linking out to another website for a users benefit is one thing, swapping them between you for seo purposes is another.

I'd suggest requesting the links for the primary purpose that you are trying to offer your readers useful outbound links (the trades people). Then, out of them all that you link to, find out which has a higher page rank (eg PR3 or higher) and ask just those to link back to you. These will be far and few between. A few reciprocals, say half a dozen, won't do any harm, but lots of them will.

A better way is to ask each trade to write you a decent article on their relevant subject and put in one link back to their website, and add this to your website. This will be much better served for seo than a page just listing links.

Edited by indizine

Thanks indizine,

that's good advice,

I really do want links from other tradespeople for my site for my customers benefit, tradespeople who do things to do with maintaining houses to rent.

I like the idea of people sending me a short piece about their trade and including a link back to their website. I'll set up a section on my site for all the articles

so please let me have your contibutions.

Hi Martin

I hope you don't mind, but you've spelled "safety" wrong in the title on your home page- just under "Home".

cheers, Max :-)

I've revamped my site now and made it lighter weight for faster loading onto mobiles. I'm providing a links page at http://martinsgas.co.uk/linkstotradespeople.html for a few people who also work for landlords. I've just acquired a student house myself so I'll need some contacts for my own use as well.

Not sure what the site looked like before and I appreciate that you want it to loader faster but I think it a bit too plain and simple. More colour and photos would really help.

Also the image which links to http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/ is missing.

Thanks for the feedback on my site.

Previously my site was built using a utility called RVsitebuilder. Kindly provided for free by my web host Krystal. It was quite colourful with fancy menus etc. Recently I've recoded the whole site myself and removed lots of files and html instructions and scripts that rvsitebuilder wanted to include.

I've not worked out a simple way to include fancy blocks of colour just yet and most of my photos are shots up chimneys or down the back of cookers and not very pretty!

It looks too bare. It may load quicker but does that mean you will get more business? I doubt it. You'd be better having a proper branded website and a mobile version.

There is a trades networking group in Sheffield called the trades hub