Yamaha F310 acoustic guitar

I looked at few shops, none seem to have them in stock, might be worth calling realtime to see if they have plans to get them in. I'm sure you'd be fine with either of them, ask a guitar playing friend to go with you for an opinion if you can.

Wavelength have one in stock so I'm going to have a look at it there.

Hi There

Just my two-pence worth - hope it is of use. At the sort of money you pay for an F310 - they are very good value, decent sound, set up is normally pretty good straight out of the box and will give the majority of absolute beginners something steady to learn on. ALSO there is the takamine Jasmine S34C which are of similar build quality but slightly different body shape which some might find a bit comfier, while still being a full size instrument.

For a few £ more there is the Yamaha FG720MS which has a solid top and really is a step up in the quality stakes. Generally speaking the solid spruce top will give a richer/fuller sound than a laminate. But the way the guitar is braced (the struts on the inside top/bottom) of the guitar will also impact a lot, and the FG720 is done relatively well for the cash.

If you are planning on keeping the guitar, the solid top is a good investment as your ear develops.

If you can't get sorted, come down and see us and work your way through everything we have within your budget, as well as some quite a bit above to see how they all stack up next to each other.

If you need any help you are more than welcome to phone, pop in, or email.