Where can I buy white vinegar?

White vinegar and salt mixed in a sprayer also makes an excellent weedkiller.... Woldn't have believed it until I tried it..... Makro does white vinegar in 5 ltr containers

You can't buy glacial acetic acid without a visit from the police. It's the essential ingredient in converting morphine to heroin.

However, you can buy "non-brewed condiment" which is white vinegar in the form of very dilute acetic acid. Better buy proper malt vinegar though, as it tastes so much nicer.

Hmm, my dad manages to every few years when it's time to pickle although he orders it through BDH rather than Boots.

Is the distilled malt vinegar (white) in the supermarkets, the white vinegar that you use for cleaning etc? It smells a bit too strong to be used for cleaning so not sure if I got the right thing? :confused:

Does anyone know where I can buy white vinegar in Sheffield? Tried Asda, Sainsburys, Boots chemist, local hardware shop...

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

hiya we sell white vinegar in 2 litre containers £2.99

we are g l stebbing fishmongers on

7 hillsborough road,

hillsborough

sheffield s6 4jl

tel 0114 2321166

hope this helps

---------- Post added 08-05-2013 at 12:03 ----------

Does anyone know where I can buy white vinegar in Sheffield? Tried Asda, Sainsburys, Boots chemist, local hardware shop...

Thanks to anyone who can help :)

Hiya just to let you know ours are 5 litre containers for 2.99

And not 2 litre cheers

I suspect these 'vinegars' from fishmongers are really non brewed condiment, rubbish if you want to pickle, dubious for windows but OK for chips.