Huge midge bites!!

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Bites-insect/Pages/Symptoms.aspx

This NHS site lists bites and symptoms. There are tabs across the top for complications treatments and prevention. Does anyone know why some people get bitten and not others? I tell my husband it's because I am delicate and sweet and he's dry and tough as old boots but I would like to know the real reason.

I have no idea. As I said in an earlier post, I don't get bitten. Maybe someone ought to do some research on those that don't get bitten to find out why. For all I know, I might have the answer coursing through my veins now. Who knows?

I want what Pete's got! Just seen the other thread about Asian Tiger Mosquitos being found in UK :help: These ones bite ALL DAY & they are very stealthy biters so you dont know they're on you till it's too late. And they carry all sorts of nasty diseases. Eeeek!!!

I want what Pete's got! Just seen the other thread about Asian Tiger Mosquitos being found in UK :help: These ones bite ALL DAY & they are very stealthy biters so you dont know they're on you till it's too late. And they carry all sorts of nasty diseases. Eeeek!!!

Hahaha....Theres a first for me! I don't know what I've got! Just a normal common-ol-garden blood type! It's a mystery to me!

I don't seem to get bitten at all. I lived in Australia for a few years as a kid and didn't suffer from any mosquito bites or anything else. I walk my dog of an evening behind where I live, where there is a small brook. We pass by literally clouds of midges or gnats or something, and still no bites whatsoever. I often wonder why this is, and have even thought of contacting those who do research into these things to tell them of my 'condition'. Maybe it's something to do with my blood? I don't know.

When I was in Australia, I used to watch mosquitos actually land on me, and after a couple of seconds they would fly away again, but they never seemed to bite me.

Really odd!

I'm the same.

Dunno why but when I used to go fishing regularly with the wife, she would get bitten by anything and everything but they left me alone, probably didn't like the taste of me :gag:

Biggsy :)

Mosquitos they'll be. There's a lot of them about this year because there's so much standing water for them to breed in.

On my last holiday I was bitten really badly.

A Swedish women put some alcohol (from the pharmacy, not the pub..lol).

It worked wonders and stopped the itch straight away!