Energy drinks for kids

Just been to shop and once again, kids outside supping energy drinks like lsv,monster,red bull etc.. Surely these kind of drinks need regulating? .. Nearly every kid I see now who has a can in hand is always supping energy drinks.. These drinks are overloaded with caffeine and whatever else and do kids no good whatsoever.. They storing up huge health problems as adults. If anyone on here know of their kids supping these, please let them know and advise them to cut them out or at least cut down..

Some stores have an over 16 policy on energy drinks, I think all should, kids don't need energy drinks.

The brands are a fashion for kids, better than cider though eh? Could do with educating about the effects.

Life is not that bad when that is all you have to whinge about.

Give them something to do, they will have energy for hours.

Some stores have an over 16 policy on energy drinks, I think all should, kids don't need energy drinks.

Exactly they don't need them though not come cross a store that has any policy on them. Though that won't help as they will just go somewhere else and most stores are more interested in profit than other kids wellbeings

Just been to shop and once again, kids outside supping energy drinks like lsv,monster,red bull etc.. Surely these kind of drinks need regulating? .. Nearly every kid I see now who has a can in hand is always supping energy drinks.. These drinks are overloaded with caffeine and whatever else and do kids no good whatsoever.. They storing up huge health problems as adults. If anyone on here know of their kids supping these, please let them know and advise them to cut them out or at least cut down..

Is this a serious moan. I know I can moan a lot on the Sheffield forum but this is the last thing I would see as a problem.

Really? These kids are our tomorrow.

Is this a serious moan. I know I can moan a lot on the Sheffield forum but this is the last thing I would see as a problem.

Is your moan about the OPs moan really a serious moan? I know I can moan a lot on the Sheffield forum but this is the last thing I would see as a problem.

These kids I see, alot are around 11 to 13 drinking them. In Australia you can't have caffeine until your 21 apparently

If kids keep drinking these energy drinks and become used to them, what will they use to wake them up when they are adults and find out the real meaning of being tired?

I read a story of a teenage girl who was addicted to cheap energy drinks.

I avoid energy drinks where possible. Occasionally I will have one when I'm really tired and need a pick-me-up, since I don't like coffee. They're full of sugar and chemicals :(

Being serious for a minute: it is a serious problem. Although to be honest Coke is probably more of a problem, through marketing and what not I'd bet most kids drink more coke than they do milk or water. Addiction (even if it is only caffeine) before they even reach 10, scary thought!

But caffeine is a drug and is dangerous, no matter how daily it is in people's life, alot of kids drink coke too so coke, energy drinks together is a ticking timebomb for our poor health service. I'm not surprised people think I'm just having a moan but it is best to nip it in the bud. .

I think an over 16 policy is reasonable for these drinks.

Not that it'll do much of course. Kids will find a way to get hold of them if they're really that good.