Parthenonas Greek restaurant - London road - pretty good!

Just been to Parthenonas restaurant on a groupon deal. I really enjoyed myself and the food so I thought they deserve a bit of love on here as I've been driving past it for years and never given it a chance.

The caveats, it's not exactly a smart place, as in the decor is a bit dated, but it is clean, you could see inside the kitchen from where we sat. Also when we arrived at 7, we were the only people there, but granted it is a Wednesday night and by the time we left there were 3 other groups.

However the food was really nice and good value, we went to Greece last year and honestly you could have been back there, the menu was exactly the same and the cheery music was uncanny. Also despite the lack of crowds it had a great atmosphere and the friendly Greek bloke running seemed like a really nice guy.

Coffee was also good, not like an Italian just short black and strong (he liked that I didn't ask for milk!), washed down with an ouzo, we left very happy.

If you're like me and you like it authentic, and a bit rough round the edges give it a go. It's one of those little gems like the Kashmir used to be and zuegma is.

Just been to Parthenonas restaurant on a groupon deal. I really enjoyed myself and the food so I thought they deserve a bit of love on here as I've been driving past it for years and never given it a chance.

The caveats, it's not exactly a smart place, as in the decor is a bit dated, but it is clean, you could see inside the kitchen from where we sat. Also when we arrived at 7, we were the only people there, but granted it is a Wednesday night and by the time we left there were 3 other groups.

However the food was really nice and good value, we went to Greece last year and honestly you could have been back there, the menu was exactly the same and the cheery music was uncanny. Also despite the lack of crowds it had a great atmosphere and the friendly Greek bloke running seemed like a really nice guy.

Coffee was also good, not like an Italian just short black and strong (he liked that I didn't ask for milk!), washed down with an ouzo, we left very happy.

If you're like me and you like it authentic, and a bit rough round the edges give it a go. It's one of those little gems like the Kashmir used to be and zuegma is.

But how would you have rated the place if you'd paid full whack?

Yes I would. I was judging it based on what I would've paid.

The helpings are pretty generous, you could get away with sharing a starter, mine was about £4 I think, and the main was £9.

Out of all the places I've been to with groupon, this is the only one I've wanted to go back to.

Edited by thepreacher

Yes I would. I was judging it based on what I would've paid.

The helpings are pretty generous, you could get away with sharing a starter, mine was about £4 I think, and the main was £9.

Out of all the places I've been to with groupon, this is the only one I've wanted to go back to.

Which says more about places that take Groupon than it does about this place imo.

It sounds pleasantly average to me - no thanks.