TV repair shops in Sheffield

I have a Bush ID 37 inch tv that has stopped working I have been told by company that's it's the power unit from the the tv they wanted £150 to repair it was wondering if anyone on here knows a repair shop that is cheap as I think that's a bit steep thanks

Well can anyone help please

Hi, if you're capable of opening the tv up then i suggest looking for a domed capacitor, this is a very common thing with the tv's of today.

The power supply board might have a domed capacitor & if it has it needs replacing & this is usually all it is.

What is the fault with the tv ?

Mark

The stand by light comes on a couple of secs then turns off

Definitely could be a capacitor that needs replacing, the psu's have detection circuits that will shutdown if something is wrong, type the model number in on google & include capacitor in the search, there might be someone that has already encountered this problem.

I've repaired loads of monitor's, tv's & sky boxes that have bulged capacitors, replacing them brings the unit back to life.

Have a good search on google, good luck.

Regards,

Mark

P.S. Let me know how you get on.

*** WARNING ***

Please do not leave the tv plugged in if you're going to have a look yourself, also there's high voltage capacitors that will still hold charge & can give you a nasty shock !!!!

So please take care as if you don't know what you're doing it can be very dangerous, i hold no responsibilty if you injure yourself.

Regards,

Mark

Thanks mark will my hubby have a look he can get the shock then tee hee

lol, just make sure you've got life insurance for him lol.

Regards,

Mark

He's got loads so I might leave it plugged in pay off house and have nice holiday lol

depends on if you feel like getting on the dronfield by-pass there is a tv repair shop at the end of the by pass on the first exit its were james cycles are and pram shop its only 5 mile down the bi-pass to the first round about its there theres a little cheff and burger king there to i dont think many shops or people repair tvs these days as many are to costly to repair and new set arn't to expensive well good luck