First's new money making scheme - bus drivers don't carry a change float

Eventually there will be "contactless payment" systems on buses.

No but maybe 20 minutes later when its reached the start of its route somewhere on the outskirts of the city, where at that time of morning it could still be dark with very few people around.

The fact is first don't provide flosts, accept that policy or dont use there services. Use a bit of forward thinking and if you know your having to catch a bus early am try to get change the day before and put it to one side for the morning. It might come across as pandering to them but its highly unlikely the policy of not issueing floats is going to change. If enough of a stink got kicked up about the issue first would most likely move to a fare box no change given policy.

So to catch the bus now, you have to plan it a day in advance, go to the cash point, then abuse some poor shop in order to get change (and buy something you didn't want), all because first are lazy.

So to catch the bus now, you have to plan it a day in advance, go to the cash point, then abuse some poor shop in order to get change (and buy something you didn't want), all because first are lazy.

Thats how first choose to operate, so as crazy as it sounds. Yes.

How would people feel if a no change given policy was introduced.

The whole crux of your argument is that people shouldn't be considered lazy for not having change for the bus fare, but you say First are lazy for not having change. :hihi:

I'd heard you weren't allowed to give the first drivers more than 20p in coppers some time back. No I'm not a tramp and yes I had to raid the penny jar once or twice to get to work!

Was a while back though.

I'd heard you weren't allowed to give the first drivers more than 20p in coppers some time back. No I'm not a tramp and yes I had to raid the penny jar once or twice to get to work!

Was a while back though.

I know that sums of money more than 20p (?) of copper, or £5 in silver (5p's, 10p's and 20p's) aren't legal tender, I think it's £10 in 50ps and £20 in £1 coins.

The whole crux of your argument is that people shouldn't be considered lazy for not having change for the bus fare, but you say First are lazy for not having change. :hihi:

That's correct. But not worth laughing at.

The difference is that people are just individual people, and first is a multi national cash handling business.

Can you see the difference?

Thats how first choose to operate, so as crazy as it sounds. Yes.

How would people feel if a no change given policy was introduced.

No you don't. You get on with a £10 (most cash points do give these out), and they will almost always have change.

I know that sums of money more than 20p (?) of copper, or £5 in silver (5p's, 10p's and 20p's) aren't legal tender, I think it's £10 in 50ps and £20 in £1 coins.

Oh wow it was true then, eeeips!

Just a thought, if everyone had the correct money, wouldn't the journey be a lot quicker? As I say, just a thought.

Whereas employee's of first will carry a large sign saying "I've got a float in my pocket"?

..."or are you just happy to see me"?