Pay and display machine in Hillsborough Park

Yada yada yada.

Get off your high horse.

No high horse here dear, just and informed educated opinion!.

No but letting them park almost anywhere they like (in front of shops, on double yellows and so on) and giving them free bus, tram and rail tickets IS!

You really dont have a clue do you? they can park on yellow lines ect to make things accessible that wouldnt be so otherwise, unlike YOU they DONT have the option to WALK!! they have access to FREE!! puplic transport as they cant get around as easily as YOU.

Why are you so jealous of the disabled? it could just be me, but i find that a little sick! im sure most disabled people would swap for your good health in a heart beat! people do NOT choose to be disabled so that they get all these "perks you keep BANGING on about.

Those things are benefits, so how can you start that sentence with 'No'?

Easy.

Firstly i type an N, then and O and bobs your uncle.

So contradicting yourself doesn't bother you then?

This was on the front page of the star not so long ago they didn t take long!. They introduced parking permits and the 2 hour short stay round Hillsborough so guessed that would be coming. We petitioned on our road and amazingly we don t have this in force on our road (for now) wish more people would do the same they did say this was the residents choice, but with all i ve seen about council and how they aren t meeting targets recently in the paper something tells me its all to do with money!. The wardens are out in force all time at the minute in hillsborough.

This was on the front page of the star not so long ago they didn t take long!. They introduced parking permits and the 2 hour short stay round Hillsborough so guessed that would be coming. We petitioned on our road and amazingly we don t have this in force on our road (for now) wish more people would do the same they did say this was the residents choice, but with all i ve seen about council and how they aren t meeting targets recently in the paper something tells me its all to do with money!. The wardens are out in force all time at the minute in hillsborough.

Yes, of course the initiative to put meters in park car parks is about money and no-one is pretendig anything different. The parks and countryside dept need more income to offset the cuts in government funding, or even deeper cuts in services will hve to be made.

When the Council introduces permit parking zones, they commit to a higher level of enforcement in that area than has previously been the case, because the people who are paying for permits expect it. So yes, you will see more of the Council's CEO's once a permit scheme goes in.

When the Council introduces permit parking zones, they commit to a higher level of enforcement in that area than has previously been the case, because the people who are paying for permits expect it. So yes, you will see more of the Council's CEO's once a permit scheme goes in.

Well, that's the theory.

I don't think it's a bad idea.

If it helps manitain the park what harm is 40p/per hour? The car park is about 80% empty most of the time anyway, except match days or when there's events on.

If it stops people parking on roads it can only be a good thing!

And if you are really sore about it, just park in the free Co-Op car park and stop moaning.:hihi:

I don't think it's a bad idea.

If it helps manitain the park what harm is 40p/per hour? The car park is about 80% empty most of the time anyway, except match days or when there's events on.

If it stops people parking on roads it can only be a good thing!

And if you are really sore about it, just park in the free Co-Op car park and stop moaning.:hihi:

The parking meters are being rolled our around the city parks. At the same time fees for the sports pitches have more or less doubled. It will certainly make many folk wonder whether they can afford sports in our parks. Is that what we should be doing in this obese world?

Yes, of course the initiative to put meters in park car parks is about money and no-one is pretendig anything different. The parks and countryside dept need more income to offset the cuts in government funding, or even deeper cuts in services will hve to be made.

So are you at last going to come clean about the parking permit zones and admit that they're all about making money too?

Well, that's the theory.

I think you will find it's the practice too.

Plenty of people on SF have confirmed the same on other threads. The permit parking zones are enforced regularly.

Edited by Planner1

So are you at last going to come clean about the parking permit zones and admit that they're all about making money too?

No, because that isn't the case.

The initiative to charge for parking in public parks and the permit parking zones are completely different.

Charging in parks is a response to the need to get more income to replace funding that has been cut by the government and avoid deeper service cuts.

Permit zones are a response to local needs and requests, as part of a strategic initative to control parking in areas around the city centre and other locations which attract significant levels of parking (eg district shopping centres like Hillsborough).

No, because that isn't the case.

The initiative to charge for parking in public parks and the permit parking zones are completely different.

Charging in parks is a response to the need to get more income to replace funding that has been cut by the government and avoid deeper service cuts.

Permit zones are a response to local needs and requests, as part of a strategic initative to control parking in areas around the city centre and other locations which attract significant levels of parking (eg district shopping centres like Hillsborough).

Good to know our council is so flexible, eh? Two completely different reasons and yet, bizarrely, the same outcome.