Food poisoning help please

Hello,

Me and my family went out for a meal last night, me and my brother ate two seperate meals however my mum and dad had the same.

My mother has been up all night being sick and with stomach pains and says she has never felt this ill in her life and then my dad (who never complains) has come home from work and is feeling the exact same.

Who do I report this too? How do I go about reporting it?

Do I contact the restaurant? How do I complain?

This is the only meal in the last 2 days that they have had together so it couldn't possibly be anything else.

Thanks for the help guys x

99% of food poisoning comes from home.Did they have anything prior to the meal?

Neither of them have had a meal together in days, as my mum had been at home and my dad down in London. That was the first meal eaten together all week, and as for picking it up in the home my mum is the cleanest person you have ever known. My friends nickname for her is Mrs Bleach because the house always looks neat and tidy even if she is the loveliest person in the world.

That is the reason why we thought it was food poisoning as they haven't been together to catch the same bug and also me and my brother are still fine. :)

Environmental agency are getting back to us, were not interested in compensation, we just don't want anybody else to be ill, that was our main concern.

Thanks for all the help anyway.

Have they got pets?

What have they eaten in the last 2 weeks?

Have they been in contact with someone with Norovirus?

What meal did they have? Hot? Cold? Shellfish etc.

Loads of questions to answer before we start blaming the restaurant

People are so quick to blame someone else if your mum is mrs Bleach maybe its chemical food poisoning.

Yes I am aware there is lots more questions before we blame the restaurant, which are all what the enviromental agency have asked is already.

Well we will have to see whether there are any other reports and what docs say.

Thank you everyone though x