Martins the Newsagents

Hi, Does anyone know whats happened to Martins the Newsagents? The one in Broomhill has its shutters down and am getting unnobtainable messages from all its phone numbers across the city. Have they gone bankrupt?

I am fearing the same...esp as they have vouchers for my next 2 months worth of newspapers locked in their safe!

Our paper was not delivered today as it usually is.

aren't McColls and martins the same company?

McColls are open

Edited by sheffgrow

can tell u for sure they havent gone bust i work for them though not at that shop

Well my paper did turn up (at 3pm!). So let's hope all is okay and it was just a one off late opening.

I was told a while ago that the shop wasnt doing well.

After I'd bought a paper in the morning, mine was delivered in the afternoon atabout 3.00 as well! I was hoping it was just a blip but why would their phones be turned off, not just in one shop but in all shops? Glad you're still in work Gerblade! Can you tell us what happened?

no idea colleen only thing i can think of regarding no answer to phones was that they could have been busy at time and as for the 1 at broomhall perhaps the person who was supposed to open up that morn was running late or overslept

Well my paper did turn up (at 3pm!). So let's hope all is okay and it was just a one off late opening.

Yes lets all live in hope, I don't know what I would do if a news agent wasn't open and my paper was delivered late. The pannic is just to much to bear. I'm going to have to lie down to get over this. Sorry can hardly type for fear...

Yes.. it must all seem a bit bizarre to Mrrh.. but some of us lead such dull lives!! Anyway, everything back to normal this morning!