Thoughts on area (S2 2HZ) Parklands off City Road?

I received a PM about my previous post- I think that the person was worried that I'd 'had a go' at Angel05 in my PM to her, but I can assure you that I didn't! (I'm sure Angel05 will testify to that!)

If you're so curious, this is basically what I said...

I have no regrets about buying my home. Parklands homes are a lot cheaper to buy than all of the other new-build devs in Sheffield. However, although Parklands has had problems, so have some of the other more expensive devs in more 'reputable' areas (homes on these other devs are £20,000+ more expensive than at Parklands). For example:

Wadsley Park Village (Hillsborough area): http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=56498&highlight=wadsley+park+village

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=60722&highlight=wadsley+park+village

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83029

Norfolk Park dev: By mrinvesigat- "There are certain aspects of the development that I am not happy with, such as the lack of decent shops/pub and a degree of anti-social behaviour (motorbikes, a few nuisance kids etc), but I do know that these issues are being addressed and residents views are being listened to." Thread at: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=83449

Vidster: "There are many things i haven't mentioned about NP. The shops are a real eyesore.

A car was burnt out a few weeks ago near the Jervis Lum bridge" [August 2005- 'What's so special about Park Grange Mount' thread.]

If Parklands wasn't located in Manor, I bet it wouldn't get slammed half as much! No one ever makes a big deal out of the 'events' on the other devs.

Lib1

Well it looks like I will be joining you, so we could have a huge upper Manor party.

oh has nbh got you house now, im still waiting:( good luck

No, Czechroman, its an exchange, but its an NBH house and its really nice. They are really big and fairly new, with good fittings and an enormous garden. Ive been up twice and I need to make a few nocturnal sorties before signing owt, but it didnt look that bad in this particular cul de sac. Both cars will fit on the drive behind gates and it has an alarm etc. The mutual exchange lady is leaving me all her laminate flooring too so Im really chuffed. She needs to move for family reasons.

Ive phoned NBH and they are annoying me because they have no idea when they are going over to choice based lettings, but it seems in the meantime anything that comes up they are saving it for choice based lettings.

Ive been on the list with other housing associations for a transfer and phone nearly every week, but there is no change in their waiting lists for the larger houses, so I think I might as well go for the Manor.

yeah they say they dont know yet about choice based letting, mind i told them that people dont like bidding, and i want to know if its going to be fairer than the council!:mad:

Its not working Lib 1 ... as a prospective resident I thought I'd have a look!

I also want to go and see those funky railings. How do I get to those?

Hi alysonpeach- the link points to basically the same pics as I put up last Friday (27th Feb). I tried to re-paste the link into my message above- but it won't work for some bizarre reason!

If you walk down Bassledene Rd (just off the Wulfric Rd roundabout), you'll see the Manor Fields district park and the 'funky railings' which surround it. I noticed that you started a thread on the topic of children's playgrounds. In the park just mentioned, they are creating a playground at the moment.

Lib1

alysonpeach - when you take a walk to that park to admire the railings keep an eye out the scorch marks on the grass / seats too. :-)

Thanks Lib 1. I will have a look next time Im over there. I have made 3 visits now and my partner has made 1 and we havent seen anything yet that has worried us. I'm looking forward to moving.

Do you live there too Ace?

I used to live there (arond the corner from Lib1) until last weekend when I moved out.

Living by the sheff united ground and it's so much better.