The role of SUFC in the “Evans” affair

Titanic99

Whether he should have been selected this season or not, he's surely been a disaster for the club.

Lets not forget he was signed three years ago to spearhead United's attempt to regain Premiership status. Mr McCabe said he cost £3m and in those three years he will have been paid at least another £2m in wages. Did he take them up? No, he helped take them down and now at the end of his contract, assuming United get promotion this year, they will be exactly where they were when he was signed but without the £5m and without the player.

So a disaster even without his behaviour in Rhyll and its consequences.

THe only point I'm second guessing is the injury at the start of the season.

We can all agree that the club were aware of the allegation against him and his defence against it.

http://www.sufc.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0,,10418~52508,00.html

Just so you can put your mind at rest about your belief in a fantasy injury... the last home game of last season, against the dingles...

Adams made a double change, throwing on Evans and McAllister, whilst Montgomery was cautioned for a late challenge on Hill. With boosting the goal difference column a priority, United continued to attack but the decision backfired.

After Lowry and Williamson had upended Butterfield, Tripper's free-kick, which was heading for the top corner, was fantastically pushed over the crossbar by Simonsen, but with their next move, Barnsley levelled. From Hill's cross, HAYNES attacked the ball and headed beyond Simonsen.

The goal deflated three sides of Bramall Lane but the players continued to push forward and Adams used his last change, bringing on striker Cresswell for defender Mattock. But United were to finish the game with ten men as Evans was stretchered off.

Hope that helps :)

I think that's James Beattie Corks. Currently heading for another record with 51 appearances without a goal. :hihi:

When the guy on the radio earlier said that Alan Smith's goal was his first since scoring for Man U against Roma in 2007, I wondered whether Beattie was thinking "today's the day for me" :hihi:

When the guy on the radio earlier said that Alan Smith's goal was his first since scoring for Man U against Roma in 2007, I wondered whether Beattie was thinking "today's the day for me" :hihi:

lolol Think he defo needs to call it a day by sound of things, it's not like he short of a few bob I would imagine.

I'm not sure that is correct, most people (including Blades) found the behaviour of the individual deplorable irrespective of the verdict.

Well as until the last fortnight it had all been rumours about what had gone on, including some that thought it was someone trying to take advantage of a fairly well known footballer, any rights and wrongs were always unclear. Most people thought he was an idiot for ever being there in the first place definitely, but none of us knew what had gone on. Similar to the Reda Johnson affair, and how that got blown out of proportion.

I have to say i've never heard any blades slagging him off about this earlier in the season - not saying you haven't, but most I knew were waiting for the details of the case before judging him.