House Extension Megathread - No quotes or advertising

We are thinking of having a single storey extension built onto the back of our house. We have a quote from Ronald Wild of Parkhead Developments. Just wondering if anyone has had any work done by him or by his company. The quote is very detailed and they seem very professional, but we cant find any reviews of them on Google. Any comments or advice?

Can anyone recommend someone who does house extension plans. Ta

Getting a quality conservatory built can usually depend on location, but is always about finding the best guys for the job. When I lived in Edinburgh I had my conservatory built by Ideal Windows and Conservatories Edinburgh – check these guys out for a quote; they do a great job: http://www.idealwindowsandconservatories.co.uk/

The conservatory I had built added quite a considerable amount to the sale value of my house when I sold up.

When I moved to Sussex I did a lot of research and decided to go with Speedy Conservatories Sussex: http://www.speedyconservatories.com/ - these guys did a great job, so I would really recommend them for anyone around these parts.

The main thing to do when conducting your research is to look for good recommendations and reviews.

Hi would be happy to take a look and discuss your options 30yrs exp fully insured and provide references Mac 07976901492

Hi try shaggy1000 on the forum produces good drawings at a reasonable price

Can someone please let me know what sort of figure would be reasonable for a small en suite extension? It is ground floor, easy access, no drain work (drain is right next to it) and measures 3 metres x 1.8 metres. It will contain just a shower, toilet and wash basin. It is for a disabled person so is vat free.

The person is having plans drawn up and obtaining quotes but is wanting a general sort of figure.

Thank you for any help/advice.

happy to offer a free no obligation quote for any extension work...

Thanks James

Hi,

Long time reader - first time poster.

We have a small Victorian end terrace in Sheffield which we're looking to add an extension onto the back, whilst at the same time remodeling our kitchen and creating a small utility room. We have a complete set of architectural instructions and drawings so can go through things in complete detail.

Would anyone be able to pass on any personal recommendations for companies/tradespeople they've used in similar circumstances who I might be able to contact for a quotation. We do have a budget in mind but a reliable, professional service is more important to us that price.

Many thanks in advance for any suggestions

Hi i would be willing to come and give you a quote from your plans.

The quote would be a fixed price unless we came across anything that had not been forseen in the planning process where an extra price would be agreed before any work commences ie footings have to be deeper than original plans as ground is unsuitable at original planned depth or you change you mind on particular materials used.

I work on site myself and only use qualified time served workmen.

I have extentions you can view that we have built but they are mainly in the south of Sheffield ie Beighton,Sothall Mosborough.

Where is your property you are planning to extend?

If your interested in a free no obligation quote please feel free to contact me by text or calling Darren 07887385477.

Hi

Could anyone advise me (in general) the cost of building a single storey rear extension + a side garage?

The rear extension is about 2m (depth) x 6.1m, and I want the original wall on the ground floor to be knocked down if possible. The garage is about standard size.

Any rough estimation of the price range would be great, unable to get real quote as this is a property I am wanting to buy and need to know how much budget I need to get it to my standard.

Many thanks!